Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

How wide have YOU gone?

Old 04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How wide have YOU gone?

can anybody post some pics of their jeeps with wheel spacers (whatever size) AND after market

rims and tires. i got 1.5" spacers and was originally gonna run 33 goodyear MT/R s with my stock 17's but now i'm considering getting some wider rims.

oh and how will i know if a certain tire can fit a certain rim. Where are the measurements on the tire that say how wide it is?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:57 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

unless you've got bead locks, i wouldn't recommend running a wheel that is wider than 8" or there abouts. the narrower wheel will hold on to your tire better when aired down whereas a wider will will run the risk of rolling your bead.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

made my Jeeps stance 4" wider overall....2"spacers all around on factory ruby rims....looks and rides great...pics to follow.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

37x13.50's on 17x10 beadlocks........not sure of the offset at this moment, but you can see in the pics.....NO SPACERS.....
I run 6 psi on the trail and have had rocks pinching the tread against the beadlock........no problems yet!!!!

Old 04-11-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikegp

oh and how will i know if a certain tire can fit a certain rim.
Id like to know this as well
Old 04-11-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks good, im interested in knowing your offset when you have the chance!
Old 04-11-2010, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

if you pick a tire out the specs for the tire will tell you recomended rim width. a 12.50 will be 8 to 10 generally but depends on manufactuer. as wol stated though if you wheel and don't run a beadlock wheel you will need to keep your rims as narrow as possible to help you keep your tire on the rim. the back spacing is what will give you the wide stance. 4.5 is about flare width and 4 gets wider 3.5 even wider etc..... here is a picture of mine with a back spacing of 3.5 and a 17 x 9.5 spyderlock rim with 35 x 12.5 tires.

as you can see i stick out a good two plus inches maybe 3 never real measured. it does throw alot of mud and water if it is raining though. i like the stance and it is worth the mess all the time in my opinion.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to hijack but to all the guys runnin' spacers, with our axles (44's or 30's) being so-so anyhow being spacers move the centerline of the rim from over the wheel bearings to outside the bearings causing any more bearing failures than usual? Trail benny's far outweigh not having them but if you are, wouldn't running a rim with a touch more backspacing with them help even the load making it just that much better?
Old 04-12-2010, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

im running a 15x10 inch rim right now on a 33x13.5" tire. rims have 3.75 inch backspace with -44 offset if im not mistaken... had to use 1/8th inch spacers in front to clear the calipers. i love it.. no lift or anything to clear. had to push the bumper out about a half inch to clear the wider tires. and the tires stick out about 3 or 4 inches on each side. very mean stance.

Quick Reply: How wide have YOU gone?