Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

How should i customize my 2010 wrangler sport???

Old 06-19-2010, 12:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by rancid253
... I just wana know how i should go about customizing my wrangler so that it can off road but at the same time do well in city and hwy. ...
Your Wrangler can already go off road. In fact, it's an incredibly capable vehicle stock--even the X/Sports model. So, as others have suggested, there's no reason to hurry. But, if you have a couple thousand burning a hole in your pocket, larger tires with an aggressive AT thread (MTs are less suitable for highway travel and don't last very long), and a 2.5" budget boost lift would be beneficial. But, once you start down this path, you will be wanting to spend more money, and you will find that's it's easy to talk yourself into going bigger--thus negating the money you've spent before. Take it easy, pace yourself and enjoy your vehicle for what it has in capability as you take this journey. A few old pic's of my vehicle with stock tires and no lift ...

BTW: That's my son you see in some of those pic's. He's a senior at Oklahoma University, but is spending two months in Troy, NY working a nanotechnology research project at Rensselear for the National Science Foundation.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enough with the chrome and lowering BS. Throw on a 1-2.5 spacer lift and 33's and you'll tackle anything within 100 miles of Manhattan. There is really not much here unless you go out on the Island (long island). Some of the members out there can help you out with that. And get a hard top so you can lock it cuase that thing will get broken into with a soft top sitting in Queens. One more thing why the hell would you leave Cali to come to New York?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAOKKIE
My advice would be not to be in too big of a hurry. Spend the next 6 months to a year on the forum and maybe join a club and go on some ride along with others. One thing I can almost guarantee is that your thoughts and wants will change over time. You will save a ton of money by doing something once. If you buy something that you have to change you will be getting pennies on the dollar when you try to unload it and it actually will delay you getting what you really want.

By the way, welcome and good luck, GRIZZ
From experience... Listen to this Man!!! Don't rush. However, with this suggestion you will be looking for ways to divert your tuition for mods $$$$$ Good Luck,
READ & ASK, you have thousands of people right here waiting to give you there input.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be going to queens for college soon and there's hella places to go off-roading 30-40 miles north of manhattan..so ima hit that up. .
I live about 90 miles north of Manhattan. I'm wondering how you (in California) know about "hella places to go off-roading." I've been searching, and only found a few. I guess you have better resources/more friends than I do. When you get to NYC and want to go wheeling and know some trails, hit me up!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Put 24" spinners on it and low pros!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

I'm throwing a 2.5" Rough Country Budget boost on my '07 X this weekend! BTW, my JK came with chrome mirrors, and ndoor handles!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Mud Terrain Tires and Sway Bar Disconnect is really all you need for a very capable offroad machine. Anything else is a bonus. Resist the temptation to add appearance items unless you have the extra $$$.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dmhines
Mud Terrain Tires and Sway Bar Disconnect is really all you need for a very capable offroad machine. Anything else is a bonus. Resist the temptation to add appearance items unless you have the extra $$$.
That's exactly what I was going to say.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Default What do u want?

Just depends on what you want the jeep for. I have 2 jeeps a 93 YJ and a JK that i just bought a week ago. My yj is the wheeler and the jk is DD. I just put in the TeraFlex leveling kit in my JK and plan on going with new wheels with 33s. Now my yj it is lifted about 10 inchs has a HP44 front axle and 9inch in the rear locked up F&R with 4.88s. Just depends on what u want if its going to be a DD dont go big i would say 4 inches with 35s max and thats if you want to re-gear the axles. If its mainly offroad the skies the limit. Or ur state laws. lol
Old 06-19-2010, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be going to queens for college soon and there's hella places to go off-roading 30-40 miles north of manhattan..so ima hit that up. I just wana know how i should go about customizing my wrangler so that it can off road but at the same time do well in city and hwy. Should i do a body or suspension lift..and what kind of tires. Oh!!!! btw..how do u hit donuts in a wrangler?..thanks brahs.
Get better shoes on it.

I just added DuraTracs on mine.

If you wanna do a quick fun mod, the sill guards are worthwhile IMHO, and were only $36.00 new at my dealer.

Enjoy
-wsn

Quick Reply: How should i customize my 2010 wrangler sport???