Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

How to Overland in a Two-Door Jeep

Old 06-17-2016, 12:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by purerage1975
Jeep looks great! How are you liking the jerry can mount? I've been thinking about mounting one on the side like that, just not sure about making new holes yet.
No new holes necessary. It mounts with the door hinge bolts and a point under the hood. One small, extra screw hole can be drilled for additional stability, but that too is under the hood and invisible.

Here's a link to a long thread about the side-mount jerry can holders:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...ers-jk-320675/

CW
Old 06-19-2016, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's some of how i do it... Not in the outback, but still the idea before my next trip.

2009 JK 2 door hard top/ Automatic/ Sunburst Orange/ 2.5" BB/ 315x70x17 General Grabber AT2's/ line-X'd inner tub and rockers/ olympic 4x4 bumper/ K&N cold air intake/ daystar dash console/ LED bars/ Windshield mount Galaxy CB Radio with rear antenna/ Daystar dash pad/ Fuel tank skid plate/ Transfer Case Skid Plate
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3650740444.png
Views:	1319
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	650218  
Old 06-19-2016, 09:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

2009 JK 2 door hard top/ Automatic/ Sunburst Orange/ 2.5" BB/ 315x70x17 General Grabber AT2's/ line-X'd inner tub and rockers/ olympic 4x4 bumper/ K&N cold air intake/ daystar dash console/ LED bars/ Windshield mount Galaxy CB Radio with rear antenna/ Daystar dash pad/ Fuel tank skid plate/ Transfer Case Skid Plate

Name:	image-1606095336.png
Views:	616
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	650219  
Old 06-19-2016, 09:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Name:	image-1480370066.png
Views:	504
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	650220  
Old 06-19-2016, 10:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cascade Wanderer
No new holes necessary. It mounts with the door hinge bolts and a point under the hood. One small, extra screw hole can be drilled for additional stability, but that too is under the hood and invisible.

Here's a link to a long thread about the side-mount jerry can holders:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...ers-jk-320675/

CW
Wow I learn something new here everyday. That's good to know! Thank you!
Old 06-20-2016, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Just finished three days on the trail in Oregon. Trip was planned to be longer, but I got semi-sick and decided it was smarter to head for home, hot shower, and a good night's sleep... Sigh. My buddies are still out there on the trail! Doggone it.

The two-door JK handled better this time than ever! Recently added Fox shocks & steering stabilizer, and very importantly a set of Air Lift air bags inside the rear coils. Usually when loaded up for "overlanding" or carrying some other substantial load, my JK would squat down in the back, getting rid of most of the suspension travel and riding badly. Plus, the headlights would then be aimed at the sky! Now? Wow... I put 25 psi in the air bags before loading it up (important to do this before loading...) and the JK sat nice and level and drove really well. We had some adverse weather & road conditions, which just added to the fun!

Old 06-20-2016, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cascade Wanderer
Just finished three days on the trail in Oregon. Trip was planned to be longer, but I got semi-sick and decided it was smarter to head for home, hot shower, and a good night's sleep... Sigh. My buddies are still out there on the trail! Doggone it.

The two-door JK handled better this time than ever! Recently added Fox shocks & steering stabilizer, and very importantly a set of Air Lift air bags inside the rear coils. Usually when loaded up for "overlanding" or carrying some other substantial load, my JK would squat down in the back, getting rid of most of the suspension travel and riding badly. Plus, the headlights would then be aimed at the sky! Now? Wow... I put 25 psi in the air bags before loading it up (important to do this before loading...) and the JK sat nice and level and drove really well. We had some adverse weather & road conditions, which just added to the fun!

Looks like a blast! I never thought of using air bags. Just what I need, another part added to my list! Haha Thanks for sharing the pics brother, looks beautiful out there.

Quick Reply: How to Overland in a Two-Door Jeep