Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Homemade Safari or Safari Bikini

Old 02-02-2011, 11:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Local metal shop might be the way to go.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The freedom top front panels attach with a clamp to the front and then are screwed to the sound bar with a bolt that has a plastic head so there are no tools necessary it takes maybe a minute to put them on and it'll help keep you cooler/shaded
Old 02-03-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bart12
The freedom top front panels attach with a clamp to the front and then are screwed to the sound bar with a bolt that has a plastic head so there are no tools necessary it takes maybe a minute to put them on and it'll help keep you cooler/shaded
This sounds nice and easy, what do you think dcwilson? Or are you looking for a more custom job?

Originally Posted by DROELLE
Lets see it!
I'll look for some pics.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:57 PM
sky
JK Enthusiast

I agree with the above poster a few posts up ^. Just get some freedom top panels they are super simple. I would love to see something DIY you rig up thought! also, smittybilt is offering something now:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ttybilt+protop

No idea on price, can't find one anywhere on the web, in fact I've only seen one installed pic and that was in an online smitty catalog
Old 03-16-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Diamond plate would look pretty cool. You should be able to use the same type latches the Freedom panels use on the front, and also the bolts for the back.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The fiberglass freedom panels get pretty hot in the sun. You could probably fry an egg on an aluminum one. Or maybe even a hand?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool idea! Here's my input if you're on a budget.

Take a cordless sawsall (you can rent them) down to you local junkyard, pickout a vehicle with the shape your looking for (XJ maybe?) and cut the top off of it. Use the holes in the rollbar that is utilized for the door surrounds to fasten the sides down and if needed utilize a set of clamps that are used for the soft top to fasten it to the windsheild.

Quick Reply: Homemade Safari or Safari Bikini