Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Homemade MOLLE Gear

Old 07-21-2010, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homemade MOLLE Gear

So since I am in the Army and have a crap ton of personal gear laying around and thanks to someone elses post I decided to put all my unused gear to good use. I decided to take an old woodland camo body armor plate carrier, take the back off and fastex it to the headrest and seat base. Then I took some old school O.D. Green ammo pouches and attached them with alice clips. They hold various items mostly survival stuff like handheld GPS, Space blanket, 550 parachutist cord, first aid, maps, etc.

And on the other seat I attached a camel back.

Its a work in progress. I'll wind up changing it probably ten times.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha! Thanks for the pics. I've been looking through bags of gear over and over again trying to figure out what's worth trying to mount in the Jeep! Keep us posted on what you come up with.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good!

Glad to see others doing the same thing

I ended up attaching the Camelbak to my molle carrier with some quick release bungie-type cords that came on some Maxpedition pouches.

That way, I can pull the carrier out and refill the bladder or, with just a couple seconds work, pull the Camelbak itself off if I want to carry that around.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I MOLLE'd the crap out of the inside (seats, tailgate and wheel house area), you can't beat the zillion and one Molle pouches availibile now.

On your seat backs, are the M-16 mag pouches MOLLE or LC-1?

Quick Reply: Homemade MOLLE Gear