Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Home built roof rack

Old 01-01-2016, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job. Would you do anything different now that you are done?
Old 01-01-2016, 09:30 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

I'll share this in case folks are looking for alternative ideas and have access to the special fabrication equipment to make it happen. I helped a friend of mine some in building one for his wife's Jeep (which means he did the work while I took pictures, LOL). He wanted one that followed the curved lines of the Jeep body. It took a special tubing bender, but the finished product came out really nice.

The tubing bender ...

That windsheild frame is not a straight line ...

Yes, some of the curves on a Jeep are this much ...

The finished project ...

Old 01-01-2016, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xkid
Good job. Would you do anything different now that you are done?
Yes i would have spent more time on the rear supports posts i love it cant wait to use it.

Sam
Happy wheeling
Old 01-01-2016, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I'll share this in case folks are looking for alternative ideas and have access to the special fabrication equipment to make it happen. I helped a friend of mine some in building one for his wife's Jeep (which means he did the work while I took pictures, LOL). He wanted one that followed the curved lines of the Jeep body. It took a special tubing bender, but the finished product came out really nice. The tubing bender ... That windsheild frame is not a straight line ... Yes, some of the curves on a Jeep are this much ... The finished project ...
That looks pretty good we didnt have a tube bender but i really like how his is contoured to the roof line.

Sam
Happy wheeling
Old 05-08-2016, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default Home built rack

Originally Posted by BlkSlvrJK
Built my own too. Mounts to Yakima sliders and can be moved forward and back
Attachment 633220
That's just about perfect for me. I would like to build one also. Could you or someone tell me the part number for the sliders,the yakima site is confusing,and i don't know what sliders are.

Last edited by Dirty Bill; 05-08-2016 at 06:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Home built roof rack