Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

holy crap this was scary

Old 05-30-2010, 05:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow thats crazy.. glad everyone is ok... maybe when they rotated your wheels they tighted the lugs to much and broke off a lug bolt or two ?
Old 05-30-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! That is scary. Sounds like your wife handled it great. Go girl!
Thank God everyone is okay. I think I'll go check my lugnuts now...............
Old 05-30-2010, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow!! Give your wife and kids an extra big hug today. That could have turned out really bad!

Years ago when I was driving a semi I had the duals shear off the trailer at 70mph and loaded w/ 80k lbs. Definitely a heart-stopping experience!
Old 05-30-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I lost a wheel just like that on my 87 Camaro going 45mph. It was scary. If the lugs keep loosening then some of the threads on the studs or lugs are worn. Replace all the wheel studs, lugnuts, and the rotor and you should be fine. The axle is probably all right. Mine was.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

The exact same thing happened to my mom at the nissan stealership. They missed tightening the lugs on one of the wheels. All lugs came off except for one by the time she got home.

In my opinion you NEED to hold the the garage responsible that rotated the tires. That need to pay for all damages!
Old 05-30-2010, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by gajeep
no spacers.

now I will say this. About a 18 months ago this same wheel had loose lugs. I heard it driving to the car wash after a HEAVY offroading trip in lots of mud and muck. But no issues since I tightened them.
I had a similar issue about a month ago. Are your lugnuts recessed like mine below? Also, do you have huge sub woofers?

Old 05-30-2010, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would DEFINITELY be holding the dealership responsible... If your going to pay someone to work on your vehicle they need to be liable for doing a half ass job if that were the case and or identify damaged equipment that needs to be replaced.

Glad to hear everyone was ok!
Old 05-30-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JoeBlob
I had a similar issue about a month ago. Are your lugnuts recessed like mine below? Also, do you have huge sub woofers?

they are recessed a bit, unfortunately no good sound system though to loosen the lugs.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:03 AM
HV
JK Enthusiast

thank god that you and your family are fine .
Old 05-30-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Hey, I'm new to the forum and I don't want to start a sh$t storm, but did you have hub centric rings on those procomps?

Quick Reply: holy crap this was scary