Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hoist for hard top!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a MBRP -JK/ 4dr rack and comes from Canada, checkout www.mbrp.com, my JK is in the website advertisement photos for the rack

Originally Posted by woodweavil
sweet where did you get the rack you have attached to your hardtop?

Even though I haven't removed the hardtop yet, by using the j-hooks I attached to the bar part of the Racor hoist and the MBRP rack, lifting is swift and easy and will allow the hardtop to be lifted much higher (I tested it)

JIMBO
Old 08-19-2009, 10:54 AM
JK Super Freak

I just bought this lift and setup and I must say I REALLY LIKE IT!!!

I made one mistake when attempting to lift the hard top off the jeep with the hoist for the first time. I backed into the garage with the rear glass open and shattered it on the wall above the garage. I thought it would be easier to already have the glass open instead of having to open the rear tire carrier when already in position so that's why I did it before backing the jeep out of the garage. I didn't realize that backin IN to the garage, having a slight incline, would slam the rear glass into the wall of the house. Ugh!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pkess3
I just bought this lift and setup and I must say I REALLY LIKE IT!!!

I made one mistake when attempting to lift the hard top off the jeep with the hoist for the first time. I backed into the garage with the rear glass open and shattered it on the wall above the garage. I thought it would be easier to already have the glass open instead of having to open the rear tire carrier when already in position so that's why I did it before backing the jeep out of the garage. I didn't realize that backin IN to the garage, having a slight incline, would slam the rear glass into the wall of the house. Ugh!
It take me 15 min. to put it on and or take it off by MYSELF....
Old 08-19-2009, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great job. One question, is the crank towards the back of your top and if so is it hard to access? Just wondering if rotating the lift 90 degrees so the crank is actually to one side of the top would make it easier to access.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IR Tools
Great job. One question, is the crank towards the back of your top and if so is it hard to access? Just wondering if rotating the lift 90 degrees so the crank is actually to one side of the top would make it easier to access.
ya know what I think it would be easier to crank with out the window there ...(cus ya need to hold the window down when ya crank it)

Good Call....
Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Who makes the hoist? I'd like to try to find one in Canada, but Sears Canada doesn't seem to sell all the same items as in the US.
Thanks.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by svalvasori
Who makes the hoist? I'd like to try to find one in Canada, but Sears Canada doesn't seem to sell all the same items as in the US.
Thanks.
"Racor Pro Heavy Lift Storage System " is the name ....

Here is a link to the guy I got it from on here to if it helps..
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/finally-my-hard-top-hoist-88814/
Old 08-20-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i actually put my hard top back on this last weekend and it was a freaking breeze... couldnt be happier with this thing..
Old 05-24-2010, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by svalvasori
Thanks.
x2 - Canadian here too - would like to buy local rather than ship from the US
Old 05-24-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I need one.......I'm getting one so I'm not obligated to search out someone to help me lift it off..........I'm Freeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quick Reply: Hoist for hard top!!!