Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hittin those switches

Old 04-12-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hittin those switches

This weekend I went down to San Antonio to hang out with friends and family. Well one of, if not my best friend Trey has been known to dabble in the electronic arts and my friend Ty has been known to throw together a few mods for cars. So knowing all this and me having such awesome friends! I got them to put together an idea I had. I wanted to make a switch plate for different kind things. One I wanted KC's on my windshield and green lights under my dash. But where to put the switches? I didn't want you to be able to see them, but when you did, I wanted them to look good (as most people do) So I came up with this.

As you can see Ty did an AWESOME job of throwing that little baby together, and for phase two Trey totally out did himself. The far left switch is for the green lights under my dash.

and the next one is for the KC on the windshield.

Ty wired up the KC's all nice and pretty and Trey did the rest of the wiring making it look VERY clean. Also some other features Trey did:
1) ran a wire for my cup holders so that I can but a LED wire to make them glow green from inside the bottom. He made it where when I turn on my headlights (being dark outside) that the cup holders would glow.
2) he ran a wire the the back of the plate so that I can put in a 3" LED strip which will shine down into my console. One thing I always hated was turning on my dome light and not being able to see anything in my console. Now problem is solved! and it has it's own switch so that I can turn it on and off even when the Jeep isn't on.

All and all these guys are the best. You know you have GREAT friends when they'll do stuff for you just because you're friends. I think of these 2 as brothers and I guess the perks I get, other than a great friendship is cool stuff that "you ain't got" ha ha I hope my words a) realize how great friends are! and b) inspire you to do some cool stuff to fix a problem. Thanks for listen... or should I say reading. Let me know what ya think?

Last edited by jk2nv; 04-12-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

looks great you've got some great friend to do all that for you..i really like the interior lights
Old 04-12-2009, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

clean install.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very Niiiiiiiice
Old 04-13-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great idea for the cup holder lights, any pictures of that?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good!!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

here is the pic of the light in my console. I just hooked it up during lunch today ha ha. I will now find it much easier to see in there at night.

and here is a new pic with the rock guards on my windshield lights. Man they look so much better than those crappy yellow covers.

I haven't got the lights yet for the cup holders, when I do get them in I'll snap off a few pics for yall
Old 04-14-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great work. i also put a blue light in the compartment it really needs one
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_378.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	22320
Old 04-14-2009, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

that is a nice spot for switches, never even thought of that spot. I might just have to borrow that idea.

Quick Reply: Hittin those switches