Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hi Lift Jack Mounted to Factory PLASTIC Bumper

Old 12-11-2007, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Lift Jack Mounted to Factory PLASTIC Bumper

here are some pics of my lastest project.... so far it is holding up... the bungy cords are a fail safe plan until i am confident with my design as they are loosely wrapped around the jack so that the mounts still bare the full weight of the jack... and i had to take the handle off or the tire would hit it... if i flipped it the other way, the lift part of the jack would hit the bottom of the tailgate... pictured is the compromise and i simply velcroed the handle to the center, top roll bar:

Close Up of Mount (its an old jack that has seen service... but it was only 20 bucks):

Rear View:

Close up of Rear mounting hardware (I used oversized washers to expand the area that the weight of the jack would be puttin pressure on... i cut a hole for the top mount and used heavy duty "toggle bolts" --- not pictured as they are in the hollow part of the bumper---- (the kind that spring open and often are used to mount large objects to hollow drywall)):

**** additionally... the bolts i used for the bottom are a little bit long... so i plan on cutting them down later
Old 12-11-2007, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

looks cool, but i'd be scared to drive behind you.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

wont that hurt Departure angles? Coming off a rock ledge and catching that would pretty much rip it off
Old 12-11-2007, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

thats how i have mine done

works good i like it alot
Old 12-11-2007, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BigJerm
wont that hurt Departure angles? Coming off a rock ledge and catching that would pretty much rip it off
i havnt had any problems
Old 12-11-2007, 07:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BigJerm
it may... frankly... rocks scare the shit outta me... so i stick to trails, inclines, water crossings, and very very mild rocks... none of that balancing on two tires stuff!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:32 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bcperry2000
looks cool, but i'd be scared to drive behind you.
yeah... thats why the bungies are there... i am scared for people driving behind me!!

then again.. i could get a little rip cord quick detach system and send that jack up under one of those lowered alien spaceship ricers that think they are the baddest thing on the road... (and big apparently)... that ride inches from your bumper with their taco fart sounding decal covered car....

that makes me laugh just thinking about it... hearing a hilift jack run from the front to the back of a tailgaters car... popping holes in everything it hits.

Last edited by 07JKX; 12-11-2007 at 07:35 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 12-11-2007, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKX
it may... frankly... rocks scare the shit outta me... so i stick to trails, inclines, water crossings, and very very mild rocks... none of that balancing on two tires stuff!
i see i see. Well in that case your good to go! But if you want to get some of that 2wheel action let me know!
Old 12-11-2007, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is where I have mine.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

i strap mine in the same place during off road trips. I want somewhere i can put it a keep it there. I am a big fan of the hood mounts but there are none for the JK, just the TJ hood hinges so i wait... and wait...

Quick Reply: Hi Lift Jack Mounted to Factory PLASTIC Bumper