Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Here goes nothing

Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So having read a bunch of other posts now, did I waste a bunch of damn money getting the full 8 arm flex kit? I read some users have gotten as much as 5" of lift out of this kit! My JK is stock (for now) no bumpers, soft top, etc... I figure I'd need the arms, plus they're TF. Gotta be better than stock right? Also if I ever decide to go to 4" all I have to do is get new springs? I don't mind spending money but wasting it pisses me off.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jknockers

hows them there ball joints holdin out on ya?
Driver side is starting to get a little loose....but I have 46k on the jeep now I'm surprised it made it that long
Old 04-25-2011, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atcdod
So having read a bunch of other posts now, did I waste a bunch of damn money getting the full 8 arm flex kit? I read some users have gotten as much as 5" of lift out of this kit! My JK is stock (for now) no bumpers, soft top, etc... I figure I'd need the arms, plus they're TF. Gotta be better than stock right? Also if I ever decide to go to 4" all I have to do is get new springs? I don't mind spending money but wasting it pisses me off.
No you did not, it's a great product. And regarding the drive shafts, id say stick with the stock ones until (or if) you blow them. You can always put more grease in the flange and plus your not gonna have to have that terrible fear of blowing your transfer case like I've heard recently
Old 04-25-2011, 10:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwheelz
No you did not, it's a great product. And regarding the drive shafts, id say stick with the stock ones until (or if) you blow them. You can always put more grease in the flange and plus your not gonna have to have that terrible fear of blowing your transfer case like I've heard recently
What he said.Its a great product and now that teraflex has 2dr specific kits, youll be seeing a little over 4 inches of lift. Hold off until buying shafts until you actually need them; just have a piggy bank filled for the shafts when you actually need them. What tires do you plan on running?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:51 PM
JK Super Freak

good luck ! hope it does not come down to using the big hammer
Old 04-26-2011, 04:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel
What he said.Its a great product and now that teraflex has 2dr specific kits, youll be seeing a little over 4 inches of lift. Hold off until buying shafts until you actually need them; just have a piggy bank filled for the shafts when you actually need them. What tires do you plan on running?
Planning on 35's, not sure what brand yet.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM
JK Junkie

Im only asking because the 35's may actually look small on a 2dr with that much lift. But you will get some awesome articulation with that set up
Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im not opposed to 37's, that just means a re-gear is a must immediately I guess.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Atcdod
Im not opposed to 37's, that just means a re-gear is a must immediately I guess.
Regear is a must and 37's will be rough on the axles
Old 04-27-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Junkie

Actually I retract my earlier statement. 35's with that much lift might be just fine. Here a shot of 35's on 5" of lift with flat flares. I took it from another member. I hope he wont mind.

Quick Reply: Here goes nothing