Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Herculined the inside of the Jeep!

Old 05-28-2010, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about the drain plugs? can you still use them? did you have to do any special?
Old 05-28-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Winston
After having the herculiner in place of the carpet, have you noticed increased road noise?
Nope I haven't noticed anything different from it

Originally Posted by joshua180422
what about the drain plugs? can you still use them? did you have to do any special?
Yeah of course you can still use 'em. That's the awesome part about it.. You can just wash your Jeep out instead of having to deal with the terrible carpet!!
Old 05-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Ant
JK Newbie

That's BRILLIANT!!!!!
That is definitely one mod that goes on the list.

Great job and great pics

Cheers,

Ant
Old 05-28-2010, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by centerfieldr162
If someone wanted me to do it? Umm 200 probably. All the herculiner stuff is about $90 and then $100 for me to actually do it. I used 1 gallon
Wished I lived closer, would pay you in a heartbeat to do that, haha.

Looks great, want to do this later in the summer.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you have to do anything special to remove the seats or do they come out without any problems?

What did you use to scuff the paint?
Old 05-28-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AZchris
Did you have to do anything special to remove the seats or do they come out without any problems?

What did you use to scuff the paint?

There's 4 bolts holding in each seat. 8 bolts total. The front bolts unscrew a lot easier than the back ones. Took some work to get the back bolts out, but I finally got them with some help from a cheater bar. Of course the back seat just folds down and you press the bar to get the front part of it out. I used sandpaper to scuff up the paint. Pretty sure it was 180 grit.

Oh yeah and if you ever make a trip down south, let me know and I'll herculine your JK! Haha definitely wouldn't mind some gear money

Last edited by centerfieldr162; 05-28-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by PremiumConcept
That looks just absolutely amazing! I have been wondering if I want to do LineX, Rhino Lining, or Herculiner.

This definitely makes me want to go the Herculiner route.

Is it abrasive? How long does it take to dry after applying? I saw you wrote you waited 3 hours between coats, but how long to dry fully?

Great looking job man! Just awesome!
Yeah it's pretty abrasive. My friend got in the car and accidently rubbed her leg against the side wall by the center console and said "Ow it hurts!" Haha it was pretty funny. I let mine sit over night so I'm not sure the exact time it took for it to cure. If I remember correctly, the kit said 6-8 hours after the second coat..? Could be wrong though.

Oh and thanks for the compliments guys!
Old 05-28-2010, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great job and documentation. It's posts like these that make me want to do mine too... .and I'm pretty sure I will if it ever stops raining here! Cheers.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

I am using monsterliner on my four door. Got everything torn out but the center console. Any know how to get it out? Got it loose but trying to get the 4x4 shifter off -- don't quite know how it comes apart...
Old 05-29-2010, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice Job ... gonna do mine this summer while on vacation .... probably Monstaliner too ..

Quick Reply: Herculined the inside of the Jeep!