Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Herculined the inside of the Jeep!

Old 05-25-2010, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BryGuy
Great job

I have a few questions:
1. Did you roll or spray it on?
2. What did you use to remove the sound dampening stuff in the truck area & in the front foot wells?
3. Cute dog.... how old and what breed?
1. Roll
2. I chiseled the back out and grinded the front footwells out.
3. She's 9 weeks old and she's a lab golden retreiver mix. I adopted her from a local shelter so her exact breed is unknown.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rripror
...here's a question, 'how much would you charge someone to do that to their jeep?'

...nice job.

...how many gal. or cans did you use?

If someone wanted me to do it? Umm 200 probably. All the herculiner stuff is about $90 and then $100 for me to actually do it. I used 1 gallon

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:09 PM
JK Super Freak

looks B A.. I want to do mine. What did you do with the carpet when you took it out? Can you still use it if you wanted to put it back in for some odd reson?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn
looks B A.. I want to do mine. What did you do with the carpet when you took it out? Can you still use it if you wanted to put it back in for some odd reson?
Right now it's all in a pile sitting beside my trashcan haha I don't plan to ever use it again. The last time I went mudriding I knew that the carpet had to go. It's such a pain in the ass and I'm so glad it's gone! I washed my Jeep out with a hose today and I couldn't stop smiling the whole time haha
Old 05-25-2010, 08:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by centerfieldr162
Right now it's all in a pile sitting beside my trashcan haha I don't plan to ever use it again. The last time I went mudriding I knew that the carpet had to go. It's such a pain in the ass and I'm so glad it's gone! I washed my Jeep out with a hose today and I couldn't stop smiling the whole time haha
yah that would make me smile as well. How long did it take for you to shell everything out. (seats) and roll ur first coat? Is it a one day project or a weekend thing? And what are all of those wires that are hanging everywhere in the first couple of pics? Is there that many wires hidden undernearth the seats and carpet?
Old 05-25-2010, 09:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn
yah that would make me smile as well. How long did it take for you to shell everything out. (seats) and roll ur first coat? Is it a one day project or a weekend thing? And what are all of those wires that are hanging everywhere in the first couple of pics? Is there that many wires hidden undernearth the seats and carpet?
I took everything out Sunday night.. Including taking the hield shield out and sanding, this took me about 3 hours. Monday afternoon I put the first coat in which took about 1.5 hours. I waited about 3 hours for this coat to dry and put the next coat in and let it dry over night. Today I put everything back in and did some touch up and that took about 1.5 hours. All the wires in the picture are the wires under the seats and the wires that run along the body frame (some of them are from my mods i.e. my amp and rear lighting).. I tied them up so they wouldn't get in the way

Last edited by centerfieldr162; 05-25-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:20 PM
JK Newbie

After having the herculiner in place of the carpet, have you noticed increased road noise?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job dude, I gotta do this!

Last edited by Bosox5; 05-28-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Great job man. Is definitely a lot of work but looks good if done correctly. At least the dog found a good place to sit and watch from.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:49 AM
JK Junkie

Looks really good man, I hope to get the motivation to do this later this summer or next summer, unless I submarine it before then and can't stand the wet carpet smell.

Quick Reply: Herculined the inside of the Jeep!