Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

hemi year models?

Old 03-31-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MMM...Mud
Back to the ORIGINAL discussion. I have an 07. Can I buy a year or two older hemi and install it with the conversion kit?
yeah i still dont think this has been answered.. i was hoping screaming lizard or one of the vendors would pop right in and answer.... or someone that has done the swap themselves..
Old 03-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SLC here so the question is what year and what model?

It really depends on what and how far ou want to go.

Being from the Mopar Family and now the Aftermarket World the answers will come from a straight source.

What are you wanting to do it yourself or have shop do the install.

There are options either way and all can be done.

Please just ask applications and i will try to help.

Gerry
Old 03-31-2009, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

well I have on 07X. Could i get the AEV converstion to work with a 05 or 06 hemi? If not, what would I have to do? Main reason behind this is $$$$
Old 04-01-2009, 04:31 AM
JK Freak

i have read that the aev kit doesnt work with ram hemis and i would have to use the slc kit? true false? i agree with the money part..

i would do the install myself (with help from my mechanic friend of course) like could i use a 5.7 hemi out of a 05 dodge for example?

thanks
Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

i guess slc or camp crocker is on their way to moab or somthing and cant reply...

bump just to keep it up near the top
Old 04-02-2009, 08:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by smbundy13
i have read that the aev kit doesnt work with ram hemis and i would have to use the slc kit? true false? i agree with the money part..

i would do the install myself (with help from my mechanic friend of course) like could i use a 5.7 hemi out of a 05 dodge for example?

thanks
This is discussed in a few different places on here, but basically all of the accessory and locations are different. AEV has a lot of discussions on the hemi install in their forum, so you may take a look there as well. They are also doing a session at Easter Jeep Safari, so hopefully it is going to be recorded and will make its way onto youtube.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:56 AM
JK Freak

still curious about year model of hemis that can be used with the install kits????
Old 04-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

The AEV Kit restricts you too the 07 and up Grand and commander motor.

THe motors are the same the only things that change are the connectors on different things. That can be overcome.

The other option is to get the motor and I can get you a Harness to match that set up.

The truck and GC motors differ in how tall you set the engine in. We set the motor in depending on clearance and feel.

Gerry
Old 04-22-2009, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

thanks gerry thats all i wanted to know.. i am kind of split between a supercahrger or a hemi... just cant really decide.. :(
but not that pressing of a decision since i cant afford either right now.. lol

Quick Reply: hemi year models?