Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Which Hemi and Transmission is best

Old 08-22-2010, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Hemi and Transmission is best

I know this has been in here before but to lazy I suppose. I drove a challenger the other day with a 6.1 hemi and was more than impressed. The wife as well. What really is the best one to use, car or truck hemi, and the transmission that goes with it? Is there some sort of secret as to what engine and transmission to put together and install in my 07 Rubicon or am I just over analyzing it? I have been asked these questions by the bookkeeper so I have to give her some sort of answer. I have a year to save and very little time to get it done. Thanks for any and all input.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
I know this has been in here before but to lazy I suppose. I drove a challenger the other day with a 6.1 hemi and was more than impressed. The wife as well. What really is the best one to use, car or truck hemi, and the transmission that goes with it? Is there some sort of secret as to what engine and transmission to put together and install in my 07 Rubicon or am I just over analyzing it? I have been asked these questions by the bookkeeper so I have to give her some sort of answer. I have a year to save and very little time to get it done. Thanks for any and all input.
Depends on which kit you go with. Burnsville and AEV are going to work best with Grand Cherokee and Commander engines. JeepSpeedShop is going to work with a Ram engine. I believe you could use any 5.7or 6.1L engine with any of these kits, but that will require you to have to swap out a bunch of the belt driven accessories and brackets to match up to each specific kit.

Good luck and keep us posted when you finally decide to do the swap!

Anthony

Quick Reply: Which Hemi and Transmission is best