Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hemi swap- body off or front clip

Old 09-03-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi swap- body off or front clip

For the hemi do-it yourselfers, are you taking the body off, or the front clip. I have 2 winches, roof rack, bumpers, rockers etc. Etc. To deal with. It seems in my case i think removing the front clip would be easier. Besides, i don't have a 2 post lift. What are your opinions?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

I am doing the front clip. If you can do the body off thats great and easier, but not required.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2 on the front clip. If I had the space and equipment, I might have done the frame-off thing. Would make getting to everything much easier. But, removing the radiator and it's support allows access to pretty much everything up front.

Anthony
Old 09-06-2010, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

I just replaced my 3.8 and I took off the front clip. Plenty of room when the bumper is off too. I put the engine and tranny in together. Trick is that the engine sits way back and a bit under...had to reposition the chain and place a jack underneath the tranny pan from underneath to physically pull the engine down and back.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:15 AM
JK Newbie

definitely take the front clip off. The more room the better i always say.

Quick Reply: Hemi swap- body off or front clip