Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

HEMI Swap begins!!!

Old 05-01-2011, 01:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if I do, do the Hemi swap i will wait for my 40,000 mile melt down!!!!!LOL HAHAHA. on a side note,.... I cant believe all of us JKers know about the 40,000 melt down, and we are all ok with this and so accepting??!!!! MAN....Chrysler has us hook line and sinker.....
Old 05-01-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Aside from a few lucky people out there, the 3.8 self destructs sometime after 40k. It'll start with unknown cause of "oil consumption". Then the dreaded "knock" and you're done. Engine toast. The owners of 07's started experiencing the phenomenon a while ago (first ones to hit the 40k mark, I guess) but now the problem has reached the 08's and some 09's. I have an 09' with about 23k so i'm starting to get concerned and check my oil with each fuel-up, but I have a lifetime warranty so I'll just keep getting new engines until they fix the problem. It's not acceptable, but nor is the fact that people with stock suspensions are experiencing death wobble, or the auto trans failures due to the lack of cooler, or leaking soft tops on brand new vehicles, or the dealerships refusing warranty work to some because they have a bit of dirt under the hood (so much for trail rated), or the manual trans synchros busting, etc,etc, etc...but I highly doubt Chrysler will ever do anything about any of it unless they are forced. Im just going to slowly continue to mod the sh-t out of it as parts blow up.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think the reason this thread is dead is doing a hemi swap is a PITA. This is no job for a DIY. Once you do the research a real professional swap is 20K plus ordeal.

I plan on doing a RIPP supercharged and watching my oil level. I do not believe in coincidences that the engine problems show up the same time as oil consumption. I think guys do not check their oil for 5K miles and then surprise surprise they have engine problems.

The engines may not last as long as the old engines did but that is life....the real problem is power and the SC takes care of that.

You want the good old days....go buy a CJ!!!!

Quick Reply: HEMI Swap begins!!!