Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

HEMI Swap begins!!!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cferrell
SUBSCRIBED...

You had me at "Hemi"
same here!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nycauburn
Sorry guys, Engine didnt come in till thursday and had a bout with food poisining, then a death in my family, then a trade show. So have been swamped. Have a big football game this saturday and next. I might be able to get it in mid week next week.

I have a bunch of pics, so far with the hemi and several other projects going on. I will try and post this sunday.
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with food poisoning, and about the death in the family.

Trust me, I understand that life can get in the way of projects .................. My swap is moving WAAAY slower than I would like. But, you just gotta keep movin on.

Looking forward to seeing the pix of your swap.

Anthony
Old 09-17-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very interested to see the progress. Wondering with all the people that would love to have this Hemi why they dont just offer it as a factory option? Or maybe that is planned some day??
Old 09-19-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mark9998
Very interested to see the progress. Wondering with all the people that would love to have this Hemi why they dont just offer it as a factory option? Or maybe that is planned some day??
no, that just makes too much sense.

I would not pay an extra $3k for the package that included electric locks and windows, but I would have paid the extra $5k (or more) for the Hemi!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any progress?

Anthony
Old 10-11-2010, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey nycauburn,

Hope everything is going ok for you. Have you been able to make any progress with your swap? I am just about finished with the majority of the purchasing side (I hope) on my swap, and have removed the 3.8L engine. Next in line are the transmission and TC. I took the engine out seperate, because I didn't have a whole lot of room to take out the entire engine/trans/tc assembly at one time. No biggie.

Let us know if you have been able to get any more work done on yours! And if you have come across any major issues as well. So far, so good for me. But I haven't started putting anything back in yet ..............

Anthony
Old 10-11-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In for later
Old 10-11-2010, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Subscribed too! Need some updates!!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Any updates?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default ......

have you started the build yet........ I am thinking about doing this too but I want to get some feed back on how difficult it is?!?!?

Thanks man

Quick Reply: HEMI Swap begins!!!