Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hemi Swap

Old 03-24-2009, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Hedrick
I've got a complete 2008 5.7L HEMI Dodge truck engine and Transmission (545RFE) that with Screamin Lizards' motor mounts would be complete. I've even got the Hotwire JK wiring harness, new PCM and new 4WS ceramic headers. I also have the new PSC Power steering pump with the remote reservoir, which all Dodge truck HEMI’s will need for the JK setup. Anybody want it?
I'm in GA and am interested too. Let us know how much you want.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:06 PM
JK Super Freak

I've got a complete 2008 5.7L HEMI Dodge truck engine and Transmission (545RFE) that with Screamin Lizards' motor mounts would be complete. I've even got the Hotwire JK wiring harness, new PCM and new 4WS ceramic headers. I also have the new PSC Power steering pump with the remote reservoir, which all Dodge truck HEMI’s will need for the JK setup. Anybody want it?
Ok, what the hey happened?????
Old 03-24-2009, 11:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eDiveBuddy
I was wondering the same thing-wasn't this going to be going in your next project - Hope all is well with you I've enjoyed reading your Hemi related posts.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nothing. I've always had two HEMI's. The other on in now in my Jeep...

The Truck HEMI is/was/may still be being used in another Jeep project. I would sell the package as I don't have another Jeep right now to put it into.

Here is what I've got. (1) Truck 5.7 out of a wrecked 2008 and a 2007 545RFE auto transmission. I also have (1) 5.7LX version that was just installed in my JK. I was saving the other truck HEMI to either put in another JK or even a TJ which the truck HEMI works better in a TJ. Right now I don't have formal plans for either another JK HEMI or a TJ HEMI so instead of lettting it sit around I figured I might plan to sell it. As far a as the package goes here's what it is: 5.7L Dodge Truck Engine, 545RFE Trans, Hotwire JK harness w/PCM (no VIN), ceramic headers, radiator and the PSC PS pump (which is required for the truck conversion). The kit would basically need; mufflers and tailpipes off the headers, motor & trans mounts from SLC as the AEV's will not work, WK dipstick, AC lines, and a few more misc. Mopar parts that I can help you with.
At this time, I don't really want to seperate the package as it would work much better as a kit. Gerry at Screamin Lizard would like to install this package in someone's Jeep, so right now Gerry and I are talking about shipping the package to him. I am open for some one locally to pick it up. I am in Ormond Beach, FL whcih is just above Daytona.
I am going to take some pictures of the whole package and I'll post them.

Oh and I will take $6000 obo for everything. Shipping if required would be extra.

Ben

Last edited by Ben Hedrick; 03-25-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Nothing. I've always had two HEMI's. The other on in now in my Jeep...
Whew, I thought something bad happened. Has it started? as far as the Hemi, I don't need one, but a friend at work wants one for his TJ, just don't know if his wife will let him buy one yet.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Whew, I thought something bad happened. Has it started? as far as the Hemi, I don't need one, but a friend at work wants one for his TJ, just don't know if his wife will let him buy one yet.
Yes it is running and WOW! I've got a small issue with my PS lines but PSC has helped me corrected it and I will have it fixed today.
The Truck Hemi I've got will work in the TJ but the wiring harness is for the JK. Sorry.

Ben
Old 03-26-2009, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
pm me buddy!
DONE!

Quick Reply: Hemi Swap