Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hemi Swap

Old 03-23-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hemi Swap

I have an 07 jk and im dying to drop a hemi in it. Before i pull the trigger are there any suggestions on whether or not i should go with a new or used? and any do and donts i should be looking out for? Also, were is a good place to start my hunt? Can anyone help im itchen over here!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

were is a good place to get one or to start looking?
Old 03-23-2009, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SONIC
the only thing you have to know is this

if you get a used engine it MUST be from the same brand vehicle and must be of the same year or newer to be street legal.

good luck!
I wasn't aware of the same brand vehicle, but I know that it needs to be of the same type, i.e. passenger car, light truck, etc.

JL
Old 03-23-2009, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It needs to be an LX engine not DX e.g Hemi 5.7L LX

LX - Is the standard Car setup found on 300s, Chargers, Magnums, and Challengers. LX Setup - Alternator is located on the Bottom Passengers Side of the engine. Air Conditioning Compressor is located on the Bottom Drivers Side. Power Steering Pump is located on the Top Drivers Side.

DR - Is the standard Truck setup found on all Dodge Trucks equipped with a Hemi. DR Setup - Alternator is on the Top Passenger Side of the engine. Air Conditioning Compressor is located on the Top Drivers Side of the engine. Power Steering is located on the Bottom Drivers Side

There is also a difference between a brand new crate engine and brand new swing away engine. Crate engines are different from every aspect mostly come naked and you have to dress them according to ur needs swing away engines come from production line and are fully dressed.

So if you are looking for brand new engine you need to look for swing away engine if not LX Hemi.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Huge help im on the prowl!
Old 03-24-2009, 05:35 AM
JK Super Freak

I plan on using one from an '03 Dodge Pickup. It's in my garage already. Next winters project will be to re-build the engine. The search for a good tranny begins.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
I plan on using one from an '03 Dodge Pickup. It's in my garage already. Next winters project will be to re-build the engine. The search for a good tranny begins.
I've got a complete 2008 5.7L HEMI Dodge truck engine and Transmission (545RFE) that with Screamin Lizards' motor mounts would be complete. I've even got the Hotwire JK wiring harness, new PCM and new 4WS ceramic headers. I also have the new PSC Power steering pump with the remote reservoir, which all Dodge truck HEMI’s will need for the JK setup. Anybody want it?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just curious what you are asking for this setup??
Old 03-24-2009, 09:49 AM
HGF
JK Newbie

Yes but i'm sure i can't afford it...someone is gonna be happy with that setup tho
Old 03-24-2009, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

what are you asking for it all?

Quick Reply: Hemi Swap