Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hemi Install prices...

Old 04-27-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard these hemi powered JK's are scary to drive and I don't mean scary in a good way. This is just hear-say as I have not personally driven one and I would love to see if it is true. I have worked on many Wranglers over the years at the dealer and I haven't found a v-8 powered wrangler that could handle the power at speed. IMO you are buying eye-candy and a lot of stump pulling power
Old 04-27-2009, 09:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jketron
I've heard these hemi powered JK's are scary to drive and I don't mean scary in a good way. This is just hear-say as I have not personally driven one and I would love to see if it is true. I have worked on many Wranglers over the years at the dealer and I haven't found a v-8 powered wrangler that could handle the power at speed. IMO you are buying eye-candy and a lot of stump pulling power
I think you are full of Bandini. You condemn them without personal knowledge. The older Jeeps with V8's were totally diffeent animals than a JK. The JK is longer, wider and heavier. It has a much more rigid chassis, far more sophisticated suspension, stability control, traction control and better brakes.

I have not had the opportunity to drive one but I have riden in two. After that experience I'm saving my shekels to get a Hemi installed - and cussing Jeep for not offering it from the factroy. The Unlimited should come standard with a Hemi (well at least the Rubicon).
Old 04-28-2009, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

The JK was originally designed for the 4.7 then it was axed at the last minute.

That is why engine bay is big enough and platform is stable enough for Hemi.

Who else has opened thier mouth to wife/grilfriend's about wanting Hemi and receieved "the whale eye"?!

After talking about it for like 3 months she comes up to me with "honey, how about an SRT8 Grand Cherokee instead.....?! WTFudge?!
Old 04-28-2009, 04:40 AM
JK Super Freak

No idea who has been selling you this load of crap, but I can tell you for absolute certain that it is not true for my JK with a 6.1 HEMI. It is awesome to drive! My only regret with the 6.1 is that I did not put it in sooner. I have no problems with the amount of power the HEMI is producing at any speed. You might want to drive one before passing judgment.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:16 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

I agree having driven plenty of Jeeps and Off Road vehicle the v8 JK is awesome. The platform is great and will totally change your mingd when you drive the JK how Jeep should have offered it.

Gerry
Old 04-28-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So are you saying you are a jeep dealer mechanic? If so what are you doing speeding in the customers Jeep? I guess we shouldnt be shocked this is coming from a dealer

When was the last time you drove a v-8 powered wrangler? YJ TJ didnt have em
Old 04-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Plenty of good Hemi installs to drive out there. Please remember that the engine is not all the JK. What you have to watch out for the is the whole enchilada. Like Camp said you can drive our installs they drive like something you have never seen

Gerry
Old 04-28-2009, 07:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
I charge "1 million dollars" per install, shits and giggles are free of charge, but I do charge extra if you have any intention of pullin stumps, we have to regear!
how much for the submarine version I need one, black 4 door 1:28 in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ0P3aVXZ0U

4months old in this one

I think my lifetime warranty is void
Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

What is the charge for pullin cactus or palm trees.

Gerry
Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Now I think a swimming Lizard would be cool as S$$$

Quick Reply: Hemi Install prices...