Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hemi conversion 5.7 or 6.1

Old 02-08-2011, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am so glad that we have such a wide choice of HEMI engine options! Not only can we customize our Jeeps by lift and tire choice, but we can now purchase or build the HEMI engine that best suits our personal needs. When the JK debuted in 2006, I was afraid that modern emissions regulations would mean that the wimpy 3.8 V6 would reside permanently in the engine bay. Thank goodness for an awesome V8 engine family and aftermarket kit builders!

The true production 6.4 HEMI with VVT (new V8 SRT engine) is an awesome engine that addresses the 6.1's torque curve shortcoming particularly for usage in the JK. I'm still adverse to that darn plastic intake, VVT, and MDS but that's clearly the direction automakers are forced to go to meet newer MPG standards and make a profit.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to Make a change,
I have a 3.8 motor and I want to revise it to 6.1 motor.
I installed in my car Automatic transmission and RubiCrawler System.
I would like to get a Parts List to make this change.
What kind of Automatic gearbox I have to assemble for motoe 6.1?

I am from Israel
My Email is nokiaasus@walla.com
If there is someone howw made this change I would like him to send me the Parts List to my Email

Thanks in advance. Kobi
Old 02-09-2011, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just a point here, the composite manifold on the 5.7 vvt flows just as well as the aluminum 6.1 intake which is why the newer 5.7 makes great power.
Also a point to consider is that the 6.1 intake gets crazy heat soak and hurts power down low. You will be far better off with the composite intake considering the low speed reduced cooling that happens off road.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good point.

I really want the new 6.4 VVT in a Jeep.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MyMopar
Just a point here, the composite manifold on the 5.7 vvt flows just as well as the aluminum 6.1 intake which is why the newer 5.7 makes great power.
Also a point to consider is that the 6.1 intake gets crazy heat soak and hurts power down low. You will be far better off with the composite intake considering the low speed reduced cooling that happens off road.
I think I just got crazy heat soak from your avatar.

Anthony
Old 02-09-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2

I was thinking the same thing.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Feasterdef
But everything I see is for automatic.
The 5.7 is available out of a 2009 and 2010 Dodge Ram with a manual. I even believe it is a variant of the MB 6-speed in the jeep with just a lower first gear...

Quick Reply: Hemi conversion 5.7 or 6.1