Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hemi 6.1 JK Vs GC SRT8

Old 01-21-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes you wonder how many of the drivetrain components need to be upgraded after the swap. Absolutely incredible!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

That has got to be hard on the drivetrain!
Old 01-21-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Junkie

I dont see how the JK can do that. Can someone explain this? Both have the same motor and tranny correct? What gears in the JK?
Old 01-21-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kntr
I dont see how the JK can do that. Can someone explain this? Both have the same motor and tranny correct? What gears in the JK?
I agree....the only thing I can think of is of the JK is like 600-1000lbs lighter than the GC should it be even capable of doing that......I wonder how hard the GC accelerated....cause in the first clip the tach on the GC didn't really seem to be dancing enough to be full throttle....It should not be able to beat a SRT8 GC from a dig...they are crazy off the line......
Old 01-21-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
I agree....the only thing I can think of is of the JK is like 600-1000lbs lighter than the GC should it be even capable of doing that......I wonder how hard the GC accelerated....cause in the first clip the tach on the GC didn't really seem to be dancing enough to be full throttle....It should not be able to beat a SRT8 GC from a dig...they are crazy off the line......
Thanks all for watching,

Yes, indeed I was lunching it in 4wd mode, I tried before with 2wd, no traction in full 1st gear..
the was traction-off with my left foot holding the break and raising the RPM to 2500...

I have Re-gearing to 4.88, Superior Axle

I was surprised too. Even though he could not catch-up after , you can see the GC hitting the Redline and changing to 3rd gear in vid.

I had softop on, which is much lighter...so it is about ~900lbs.
Any 1/4 calculation will result in ~ .7 different in ET time...Thats why I was sure

Oh man, does the stock tires make difference from 20" 33...big difference..
I will try to post DashHock 0-100km time (http://www.dashhawk.com)

Any way, it is more for off-road and hitting the sand-dunes, not for drag-race...but was worth trying
Old 01-21-2009, 07:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeep_R
Thanks all for watching,

Yes, indeed I was lunching it in 4wd mode, I tried before with 2wd, no traction in full 1st gear..
the was traction-off with my left foot holding the break and raising the RPM to 2500...

I have Re-gearing to 4.88, Superior Axle

I was surprised too. Even though he could not catch-up after , you can see the GC hitting the Redline and changing to 3rd gear in vid.

I had softop on, which is much lighter...so it is about ~900lbs.
Any 1/4 calculation will result in ~ .7 different in ET time...Thats why I was sure

Oh man, does the stock tires make difference from 20" 33...big difference..
I will try to post DashHock 0-100km time (http://www.dashhawk.com)

Any way, it is more for off-road and hitting the sand-dunes, not for drag-race...but was worth trying
well my friend that is just awesome then...congrats, your Jk is sick, I absolutely love it....and i am saving to do the swap.....but i really would like the 6 spd....I saw you dune clip a long time ago...totally awesome...sound is perfect....FYI the hard top is actually super light, so you might be only saving a 100lbs there...

Like you said it is not a drag racer, but for the dunes....and i am sure that the 4wd launch up to 130+ is not too healthy.....you have to post some more clips in the dunes.......
Old 01-21-2009, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

That is badass
I love it
It's like watching my 2500 dodge diesel whip mustangs and camaros.
I want a hemi now more than ever!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:07 PM
JK Super Freak

that was really awesome! Now lets see how you do against orange crush! lol
Old 01-21-2009, 09:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you hemi guys are nuts! I love it!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:47 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by kntr
I'm guessing the stock tires combined with the 4.88 gears helps the cause with acceleration. What gearing does the SRT8 have, 3.73? Even still, the SRT8 is set-up better for the street and speed than the JK, so it's still impressive.

Quick Reply: Hemi 6.1 JK Vs GC SRT8