Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

HELP is my exhaust KILLING my JK?

Old 04-13-2011, 04:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should NOT have any grinding in the pedal as a result of ANY exhaust system. I ran straight pipes before and you can't blame it on backpressure as I did not have any!

I ran a flowmaster 40 in the stock location with no problems, and now I run a MBRP exhaust with no problems.

Check these things:

1. Exhaust leaks
2. Exhaust might be rubbing on the frame in the rear. I made this mistake myself with the flowmaster 40.
3. Check your hangers. Mine were loose and contributed to #2
4. check your heat shields (1 under drivers seat, and 1 in the rear over the muffler)
5. if the rattle is still there, you can tape your door jambs to prevent the doors from rattling (my doors rattled my pedal)
6. and finally, if its still there... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...teering-people

I am deaf, so I am really finicky about any rattling or clanking on my Jeep, since I can feel it more than a normal person does... I have a phantom rattle right now, gonna regrease my steering shaft and re-tape my doors.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might also want to look at the cat. I had one in my old Chevy where some of the material came loose on the inside & was making the most obnoxious rattle, but only at certain rmps. The good news is that the gov mandates that cats must be covered under warranty for something like 80k miles.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

thanks, will do. soo i heard that noise again. lasted a little longer, i think its a vibration now, not so much a grind, but cant find where its coming from. sounds like at first from the engine compartment, then it sounds from underneath me....wtf
Old 04-13-2011, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr_Thrash
Hey super sorry, but this stupid photo uploading crap wont let me place the pics in the order they should be.. hope you can make sence of it all.. I tried
Let me try ...

Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
if i bring this to jeep, is my warrenty voided now?? to see if they could find something after im done looking?
It shouldn't void anything on your vehicle other than your exhaust system. If they try to void your warranty other than the exhaust, kindly tell them that they are full of crap and to look up the magnuson-moss act (they know about it but hope that the customer doesn't).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act
Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

by any chance, i no the work on my exhaust was done in the rear, but now that i have an exhaust, different vibrations and stuff, could it be as simple as a heat shield up front vibrating?

Quick Reply: HELP is my exhaust KILLING my JK?