Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Help me spend 15-$1600 on my jeep

Old 01-07-2010, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me spend 15-$1600 on my jeep

Help me spend 15-1600 dollars on my jeep. Currently i have a 2" bb from Skyjacker with 33" km2's on stock 17" wheels. Front Rugged Ridge XHD winch mount front bumper. I do some wheeling as well as use my jeep as a DD. Not alot of rock crawling but do get into some mud from time to time. Also Grab handles in the front and rear.

What i was looking into was getting a winch, Smittybilt XRC 8, Hood mounted lights, cragar soft 8 black wheels and RC 3.25" lift and upgrade to 35's when my 33's where out. Am I missing something, are these good choices for upgrades for right now. Oh and a friend of mine may be selling his stock rock sliders off his Rubicon so i would take off the factory steps and add these as well. Hope i can get all of this within my budget.....Any advice, suggestions would be much appreciated. Oh and have fun spending my money....

By the way i have a Steel Blue 4 door X unlimited with 3.73 gears, 6 speed manual

Thanks
Chris
Old 01-07-2010, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ain't gonna happen unless you get a bunch of used stuff.

So...you can just write the check to me, and I'll get some new tires for my Jeep!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Moving up to 3"+ lift and 35s sounds good, but you might want to consider gears if going to 35s. Helps a little you have manual trans, so you could do it and just not use 6th very often, but... just something to think about as the gears will cost you $1300-1500 range with install. Might want to save a little more to go that route and just do it all later when you have all the funds together?

Otherwise, stick with the 33s and get some of the other stuff you mentioned... winch (I'd get an XRC10 since you have unlimited), KCs/Hellas/IPFs and windshield mounts, consider some rock sliders - stuff like that.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redrockin7
Moving up to 3"+ lift and 35s sounds good, but you might want to consider gears if going to 35s. Helps a little you have manual trans, so you could do it and just not use 6th very often, but... just something to think about as the gears will cost you $1300-1500 range with install. Might want to save a little more to go that route and just do it all later when you have all the funds together?

Otherwise, stick with the 33s and get some of the other stuff you mentioned... winch (I'd get an XRC10 since you have unlimited), KCs/Hellas/IPFs and windshield mounts, consider some rock sliders - stuff like that.
Cool good advice....
Also i mean to post this in the modified section, how do i go about moving it over there..
Old 01-07-2010, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Money always goes too fast!!

It sounds like you have a good set up right now. If you install your 3.25" lift on 33s your tires are going to look pretty small. I have 2 1/2 BB with 33s and I can't wait to get some 35s. If you can get wheels and tires (doubt it) with that money, you may want to go that route.

That being said, you may want to check with some local tire companies and see if they will take trade in tires if you have a good bit of tread left on your tires. I know of a couple places around here that will do that, and i plan on doing it this spring. That would help with your budget. I think wheels and tires would make a big personality change on your jeep.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheKid25
Money always goes too fast!!

It sounds like you have a good set up right now. If you install your 3.25" lift on 33s your tires are going to look pretty small. I have 2 1/2 BB with 33s and I can't wait to get some 35s. If you can get wheels and tires (doubt it) with that money, you may want to go that route.

That being said, you may want to check with some local tire companies and see if they will take trade in tires if you have a good bit of tread left on your tires. I know of a couple places around here that will do that, and i plan on doing it this spring. That would help with your budget. I think wheels and tires would make a big personality change on your jeep.
I need to level my jeep out. With the rake in the front due to the bumper and soon to be winch, i am just trying to figure out the best way to level it out.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Just put a little bigger spacer on the front? Or if you lift it with springs - say rough country or teraflex 2.5, just stack a .5 - .75" spacer on the front lift spring... should be set.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redrockin7
Just put a little bigger spacer on the front? Or if you lift it with springs - say rough country or teraflex 2.5, just stack a .5 - .75" spacer on the front lift spring... should be set.
Thats what i am leaning towards doing. Now I need to decide between RC or TF. Definetley want to go with larger springs. Have hurd alot of good things about TF but it is alittle more money then the RC. Plus the RC comes with 2.5" springs and shocks as well as .75" spacers which i would use to level the jeep out after the winch goes on.

Quick Reply: Help me spend 15-$1600 on my jeep