Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Help on hardtop hoist

Old 03-01-2012, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on hardtop hoist

Hello all. I am new here. I just bought my 2011 2 door jk a few weeks ago. I searched around, but didnt find the info I was looking for. I have the tools and material to build an H frame for the hoist, but I was wondering would it hurt the top if I ran 1 rope through each side of the top connected in the center up top by a winch to lift it? Or should i go ahead and build the H frame? Im putting this in my shop and if I remember correctly the beams are 12 foot high. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.
Matthew
Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Probably wouldnt hurt it... i would try lifting it really slow at first to see what happens and if it works post pics.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

This post is pretty extensive as far as building a hardtop hoist, albeit for a 4-door. I'm sure it could be adapted. Maybe it has what you're looking for...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...orage-write-up

Quick Reply: Help on hardtop hoist