Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Heavy Duty Rubicon Rock Rails on 2 Door Sport

Old 06-25-2010, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diy

Originally Posted by Mariner
I really like those, might try and modify my rubi rails. can you get some more pics especially the attachment of the tube and where. thanks.
Here's a perfect DIY extension kit for you! I'll get pictures of mine ASAP.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12002_1300.htm
Old 06-25-2010, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

i've been looking at these as well...
any idea how much needs to be trimmed off the ends of the rubi rails when running 35's on an unlimited?
that's the only thing that's holding me back... hate to cut up brand new parts...
but i need to get rid of my stock plastic steps.

Mark
Old 06-26-2010, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mbjeepxj
i've been looking at these as well...
any idea how much needs to be trimmed off the ends of the rubi rails when running 35's on an unlimited?
that's the only thing that's holding me back... hate to cut up brand new parts...
but i need to get rid of my stock plastic steps.

Mark
I wouldn't think that you'd need to trim anything if you lift your unlimited 2.5-3" because the stock Rubi Rails and my after-market Rubi Rails only run the length of the pinch-seam on the bottom of the body. I've not heard of anyone rubbing 35's against the pinch-seam or against their stock Rubi Rails when lifted 3".

Also, on a stock suspension, I'm pretty sure that the 35's would rub against the fenders before the pinch-seam/ Rubi Rails.

Quick Reply: Heavy Duty Rubicon Rock Rails on 2 Door Sport