Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Headlight upgrade that won't break the bank?

Old 05-04-2015, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight upgrade that won't break the bank?

Im looking to get new headlights, but don't have the money to go with anything too fancy as of now! Open to all options! Any specific bulbs people have liked, or disliked? Id love to hear everyones feed back, and pictures of their light output would be appreciated!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Go for hella replacements if you can find them. If not, IPFs are much better than stock as well. Or, You can give me a few weeks and I am selling a set of trucklites for less than retail. They have been in my jeep for a little while but I am upgrading to heated versions.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much are you looking to spend is the question.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've heard good things about the IPF housings with a good halogen bulb. I can at least say what housing to avoid, I bought the KC's. Look nice but poor lighting with a very bad hot spot at night Mistake
Old 05-23-2015, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
How much are you looking to spend is the question.
x2 !!!! Are you looking for replacement bulbs only $50 or more??? Check out "Ora Night Guard LED headlights" thread for $400 you get a nice looking light and upgrade.... Not the best close-up picture of the lights but you get the idea.... Love these lights!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-869537062.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	611971  

Last edited by robsjeep9; 05-25-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:23 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

IPFs are quite good. I run them with cheap, $20 Sylvania Halogen bulbs. They aren't DOT-approved--presumably because of a small hot spot that shines up at a very steep angle. I'd had the IPFs for six years before learning about that hot spot, so it isn't likely to affect your real-world experience. And it's too steep to bother oncoming traffic. But, IPFs will only upgrade your headlights to what most OEM lights output--something the Jeep stock lights fail at. If you need more, you're entering high buck territory. Anything less expensive will leave you disappointed.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
IPFs are quite good. I run them with cheap, $20 Sylvania Halogen bulbs. They aren't DOT-approved--presumably because of a small hot spot that shines up at a very steep angle. I'd had the IPFs for six years before learning about that hot spot, so it isn't likely to affect your real-world experience. And it's too steep to bother oncoming traffic. But, IPFs will only upgrade your headlights to what most OEM lights output--something the Jeep stock lights fail at. If you need more, you're entering high buck territory. Anything less expensive will leave you disappointed.
Watch out Mark, you keep recommending the IPF lights, the Sterniac police will be knocking at your door. BTW, want a good deal on a set of truck lites? he he.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone had any experience with Quadratec LED headlights?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using JK-Forum
Old 05-25-2015, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the_jeep_now
Anyone had any experience with Quadratec LED headlights? Sent from my Nexus 7 using JK-Forum
I've heard a lot of positive reviews for the quadratec headlights. They include the anti flicker harness which is great.

I'm going to get a set of truck lites as soon as the budget allows.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kojack
Watch out Mark, you keep recommending the IPF lights, the Sterniac police will be knocking at your door. BTW, want a good deal on a set of truck lites? he he.
Check pms

Quick Reply: Headlight upgrade that won't break the bank?