Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

It has JK wheels & tires....

Old 12-11-2007, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dustin323
Very nice looking. I had a commander rental when my lemon was in the shop. I liked it quite well.
Nice looking Commander...sure, you move to a high priced artsy community, and now you have to drive a luxury ute, hmmm? Just kidding, I can see what the need for that is in your job...did you have any JK withdrawals?

I don't guess we will be drilling any holes in that or adding any track bar brackets, rock rails, or stuff like that, huh?

Maybe we can wrench on a two door next year if you can swing one, and get back Albuquerque way...missed you on that last Puerco run, spent the day getting a replacement vehicle for the mrs.

Take care,

Gary
Old 12-17-2007, 11:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by glwood6
Nice looking Commander...sure, you move to a high priced artsy community, and now you have to drive a luxury ute, hmmm? Just kidding, I can see what the need for that is in your job...did you have any JK withdrawals?

I don't guess we will be drilling any holes in that or adding any track bar brackets, rock rails, or stuff like that, huh?

Maybe we can wrench on a two door next year if you can swing one, and get back Albuquerque way...missed you on that last Puerco run, spent the day getting a replacement vehicle for the mrs.

Take care,

Gary
Hey Gary,

I have to remove the fender liners, hammer the pinch weld flat, reinstall the fenderline and finally use a heat gun to reshape the liner so the Rubi tires won't rub.

Oh, and I did buy some rock rails.

I'll see you soon....
Old 12-17-2007, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

I was driving a Commander this weekend while my Wrangler was being serviced. Nice ride. It's one of the Jeeps getting the axe under new Crysler managment.

http://www.autospies.com/news/Chrysl...-Report-21886/
Old 12-22-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Dang thats slick, i've been tossing around the idea of what to buy for a second car in another few years... the Commander with it hemi and square looks has held my heart for a while, i've been debating keeping the JK as the Daily driver and buying something to make a full on trail rig... but seeing that, i might make a Commander my Daily Driver and make the JK a full on trail rig. I sure would love to have a hemi under my foot to wake me up on the way to work every morning. anyway, nice looking Jeep, its funny, the Hulk rims from the Commander look so good on a JK and JK rubi rims look so good on the Commander, plus the stance on that looks perfect and 32's are still a reasonably priced tire when its time for new rubber... i think the commander will soon be my daily driver. however, as the project list for the JK gets longer, the available funds list on the Bank statement keeps getting shorter. Oh well, its a jeep thing.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shredX
Hey Gary,

I have to remove the fender liners, hammer the pinch weld flat, reinstall the fenderline and finally use a heat gun to reshape the liner so the Rubi tires won't rub.

Oh, and I did buy some rock rails.

I'll see you soon....

Did you have to do anything to the famous bolt to get the BFG's on? What lift are you running....

Did you try the wheels without spacers first?
Old 12-26-2007, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Commanders aren't really my thing, but that one does look nice. The small lift, along with the wheels and tires, really make it look like a Jeep instead of a family wagon.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Best of both worlds......

Mine: the Rubicon!

Hers: the Commander Limited with the 5.7 and a 2.5" lift (once we get some issues resolved!)

mmmm.......having my cake and eatiing it too!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

That looks really good! I may have to investigate when the wife needs a new car in two years or so.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

MORE PICS

thats a great looking Jeep!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AEV built a Commander..

Its a nice Rig and handles the snow well, I watched a show on RUSH HD the other night and it was AEV testing a Commander and TJ Wrangler on some skiing slopes preparing for a trip to Iceland.

The Commmander was fitted with I think 40" tires and handled the snow far better than the Wrangler did. (wrangler had I believe 37")

Quick Reply: It has JK wheels & tires....