Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Has anyone powder coated hinges

Old 04-09-2008, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
I don't know man but we're talking surface rust on an exposed and hinged mechanism.
I still say if you go to all the expense of buying the stainless parts and add what hassles you'll have behind the existing hinges after removing them....
The only problem you have now can be fixed by lubing the hinge pins and coating the visible surfaces with under coat as often as necessary.
It would be a safe bet saying if you go with aftermarket stainless hinges you'll next be posting about the shitty door rattles and rust around the fasteners.
Yup been there done that with a 89 YJ.
Thanks for your post and your right I don't believe for a second that I will stop the rust process but I do want to make the best for the buck decision. Currently I am embarrased when people are looking at my JEEP. It looks like from what I can see the best idea is to POWDER COAT It may have to get redone every few years but who gives a .
Old 04-09-2008, 05:08 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greystn JK
Thanks for your post and your right I don't believe for a second that I will stop the rust process but I do want to make the best for the buck decision. Currently I am embarrased when people are looking at my JEEP. It looks like from what I can see the best idea is to POWDER COAT It may have to get redone every few years but who gives a .
Sounds like you've got a plan so let us know your total costs and proplems encountered after the job and the a few months later.

BTW I lived on Antoine ave. in Assiniboia for a few years after I moved from Burnaby B.C.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Has anyone powder coated hinges