Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Harley Davidson Edition JK

Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
One question I have is are the lenses on any/all of these glass or plastic? I ask because the lenses on my JK OEM headlights have fogged over a bit on the inside. There is now way to polish it out due to the fact that I can't get inside them. There is no way I'm gonna toss a couple hundred bucks at another plastic lensed solution that can fog over too.
The ones I posted are completely sealed and use a poly lens.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
The ones I posted are completely sealed and use a poly lens.
I found the HD version. Where can I find the generic version of your lights?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:48 AM
JK Junkie

I was curious just how big of a difference the swap from an incandescent lamp to the LED lamp might make. After some searching I found a great video online that shows the difference. The images below were captured from that video. They compare the OEM incandescent headlamps to the Harley-Davidson LED headlamps. The difference is quite dramatic. Keep in mind this is a single lamp. Imagine what it will look like with two of them. Click the images for larger images.

Stock Low Beam vs. LED Low Beam
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley-Davidson Comparison - Stock Low.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	275642Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley-Davidson Comparison - LED Low.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	275640Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley-Davidson Comparison - Stock High.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	275641

Stock High Beam vs. LED High Beam
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley-Davidson Comparison - LED High.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	275639
Old 02-08-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tmork
I found the HD version. Where can I find the generic version of your lights?
JW Speaker makes them for Harley. The HD version can be purchased at any HD dealer, but I just purchased the regular ones and I absoultly love them. It is the only purchase my gf has ever agreed with me on because of how much of a vast improvement they are.

The JW Speaker 8700 and Harley LED lights are identical in operation. Only difference is the HD version say HD in them and the standard version just say JW Speaker.

Rebel Offroad is a vendor here on the forum and they sell the headlights. Personally I purchased mine from The Chrome Shop in Bald Knob, Arkansas (they specalize in semi truck modifications). These headlights are very popular for big rigs.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 02-08-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
JW Speaker makes them for Harley. The HD version can be purchased at any HD dealer, but I just purchased the regular ones and I absoultly love them. It is the only purchase my gf has ever agreed with me on because of how much of a vast improvement they are.

The JW Speaker 8700 and Harley LED lights are identical in operation. Only difference is the HD version say HD in them and the standard version just say JW Speaker.

Rebel Offroad is a vendor here on the forum and they sell the headlights. Personally I purchased mine from The Chrome Shop in Bald Knob, Arkansas (they specalize in semi truck modifications). These headlights are very popular for big rigs.
WOW! Still $500 each online. Rebel Offroad is $880 for two though. I thought the non-HD version would be cheaper. So if I do go this route, the HD version it is for me! Under $500 on ebay.

Last edited by tmork; 02-10-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:14 AM
JK Junkie

Yeah, I was ready to get the Harley lights...right up until I saw how much they cost. My Silvania Silverstar Ultra lamps for $80 look plenty good for me now.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
Clever idea to have a tribute to the American icon of motorcycles on the American icon of off-road vehicles.
Yeah, and now he can pick up on old fat, ugly, tattooed-up, ridden hard put away wet, harley biker gals (of course missing teeth) with his harely-jeep. All the harley-jeep would have to do now is break down on the side of the road just like a typical harley....

Since Jeep/Chry is now an Italian company, a Ducati-Jeep would be more fitting and for sure the chick-pickup would be a whole hell of alot more rewarding.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Durangoman

Yeah, and now he can pick up on old fat, ugly, tattooed-up, ridden hard put away wet, harley biker gals (of course missing teeth) with his harely-jeep. All the harley-jeep would have to do now is break down on the side of the road just like a typical harley....

Since Jeep/Chry is now an Italian company, a Ducati-Jeep would be more fitting and for sure the chick-pickup would be a whole hell of alot more rewarding.

You've obviously never had a Harley or been to a rally
Old 02-10-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Durangoman

Nice words my friend! I and my 5'3", 100 lb, blonde, college cheerleader wife resent that!!! Not to mention my Harley has never broken down once and it's a '95 Low Rider.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

wow, I've never heard about this type of mod to the lights. I figured the guys were joking about using motorcycle headlamps! lol! This is fantastic.

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Edition JK