Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

For Hardtop Users

Old 09-23-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AveryR
I will definitely be looking into this. How easy was the install? Is there an exact fit or did you just have to kind of guess where exactly to lay it down because I'm guessing once it sticks it's not coming off or it will be partially ruined.
It was an exact fit.....no guessing or cutting needed. 10-15 minute install with the top off....with the top on may be a little more tricky.

Last edited by hasten3; 09-23-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:37 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

Thanks for sharing the info...

Until now, I was considering buying one of the other brands. But, I didnt like the fitment, use of velcro, and I was doubtfull of the sound capabilities. I ordered the Soundcoat Headlinder a couple of days ago and it arrived today (fast shipping). Overall impressions are:

1. Very easy to install. This product will stick... no risk of it peeling away months/years later.

2. Nice texture that blends very well with the interior... I gives a stock look and definately improves the appearance.

3. Outstanding Sound Absorbsion!!! This should have been included in all JKs with hardtops. My rig is way more quiet (with stereo off) and (with stereo on) everything sounds better / cleaner.

4. The only noise I can hear now is through the floors.... my next project will definately be adding a simmilar sound absorbing matt to the floors.

Recomendations: I really hope this company will eventually add a kit for the hardtop sides (around the windows) for more sound absorbtion and keep the look consistant.

Bottom line: Yes, the cost is a bit pricey. However, this isnt just a headliner for appearance... it really does make the rig quieter. I'm hopefull that it will make the JK warmer in winter and cooler in summer as well (haven had it long enough to tell yet). Like many of you, I've purchaced a lot of things for my rig (some good, some worthless). I have absolutley no buyer's regret for this product.

Again, thanks for letting us know about this
Old 09-30-2010, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Do you know if they made changes for the 4 dr 2011 for orders yet? I don't want to get it and have to cut it.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hitthegspot
Do you know if they made changes for the 4 dr 2011 for orders yet? I don't want to get it and have to cut it.
I have asked AdamisAdam about this since he was the one working with Soundcoat on this product. I have been conversing with him via PM regarding the 2011 changes. I too am interested in this particular headliner for my 2011 Sahara. When I get more information I will let you know!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes....all the credit goes to adamisadam . He is the original one who worked with Soundcoat and helped them with this great headliner. I choose this product after reading his threads on the subject....thanks again adamisadam !!

You could probably call Dave a Northridge 4X4 and ask about the 2011 version, since he is selling them for Soundcoat.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Does anyone have any more pics of this product installed. Just curious to see how it looks from different angles. I'm assuming once these things are stuck on, they're on for good....so if I want to paint the inside of my hard top black, I should do it first.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...=SOUNDCOAT-4DR

Here is the website and it shows the full view.

Yes, I would paint it BEFORE you installed these.

I would assume the 3M adhesive that is used, is meant to be permanent.

You will love them....trust me....
Old 09-30-2010, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

$370!?!?!?!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like these liners. The original thread about them is great if you haven't read it yet. If I don't make them myself, these are they way that I'm going to go.

Quick Reply: For Hardtop Users