Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hardtop off and hanging from the ceiling!

Old 06-29-2010, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop off and hanging from the ceiling!

Two weeks ago, I took the hard top off for the first time (I only recently bought it off CL in the fall) and reinstalled the soft top. Boy did I have issues. First was my 4'10", 100 lb wife helping me lift it off. I prepositioned an old mattress in the driveway, what a great piece of foresight that was!

Here is a pic of the top in the drive way:

After I pulled the mattress into the garage, it sat for another week. This past Thursday, I ordered a storage lift from Amazon, it was $129 with free 2 day delivery. It arrived the next day. I spent about 2 hours Saturday installing it and then hoisting the hardtop up. I put the freedom top panels on top of the grid platform. I removed the lightbulb for fear of burning the Mopar storage cover already. Here is the result:

I had a major problem getting the soft top on. I couldn't get those damn brackets to properly align with the arrows pointing up! I was utterly frustrated. Then I woke in the middle of the night and remembered I originally disconnected the support arms instead of the bracket. Then when I took the brackets off, I just threw them on the control arms and made a mental note to fix it when I reinstalled it. Well, said mental note didn't hit me until frustration set in and moved to anger.

It is all good now though, and nothing is broken!

Quick Reply: Hardtop off and hanging from the ceiling!