Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Harbor Freight Compressor Install

Old 04-14-2010, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's see.... Compressor on sale at Harbor Freight for $59.... Check.

20% off coupon out of magainze.... Check.

Left over gift card from xmas with over $80 left on it.... Check.

I think we have a winner!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

hey can you tell me that 20% coupon code?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Steven4est
hey can you tell me that 20% coupon code?
I have one coupon out of American Rifleman, I also have another out of Off-Road magazine. These are hard copy coupons. Sorry if that doesn't help.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steven4est
thats really cool! so still no issues with it overeating and what not? Im guessing its always connected to the battery? how exatcly did you do that? doesnt it use big jumper cables to connect to the battery?

I want to get this setup but i dont wanna spend a ton of money on extra parts and fork out enough money to buy the ARB compressor.

So what all did you need? Just the compressor, the mount,...................anything else extra

thanks great install!!!
Just the compressor, search for harbor freight coupn online to print out, the mount from JeepSwag, 30Amp relay or greater, an inline fuse, some wire, female spade wire connectors for switch and relay, switch,

That should be all you need. Here is a link to a wiring diagram that helped me. My compressor is wired directly to the battery and I use my switch to turn it off or on. The diagram below shows it being hooked to a keyed source. Also the switch on the compressor can be turned off, thus not allowing anyone to flip the switch in the cab and turn it on accidentally or on purpose. Let me know if you need anyhting else. Forgot to mention I cut off the jumper cable ends and spliced on some circle wire connectors to go around the post on the battery and bolt for the ground mount.

Link: http://www.jeepswag.com/jeep_jk_on_b...00C_wiring.jpg

Last edited by jason0341; 04-14-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Instigator
very nice install
now
will someone please tell me what the difference is between the $50 Harbor Freight compressor and the Warn $250.00 compressor ,they both look alike ,they come in the same carry bag with the same accessories and have the same specs and warranty
a lot of stuff at harbor freight looks just like other more expensive products. That's cause most of the stuff at HF is Chinese knockoffs of other products. Don't get me wrong, a ton of stuff in my garage is from there. The way I see it is this. If I can get a grinder for a 1/3 of what a "quality" one costs and it lasts half as long as the quality one them I'm ahead of the game.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Here's my experience with the Harbor Freight compressor.

It blows fuses just about every time after airing up.

The On/Off button is broken.

It overheats.

It was barely worth the $60 I paid for it. If I had it to do over again I would've just spent a little more and ordered the red Smittybilt one. I wheel with a couple guys who have used it and its never failed. The harbor frieght one is a piece of junk

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Compressor Install