Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Harbor Freight Compressor Install

Old 04-08-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jason0341
Never had a problem with anything from there, knck on wood My 2.5 ton floor jack is from there too. Anyways it usually runs $79.99 so not that cheap, I got it on sale with a extra 20% off too for $54. This thing fills the tires like a beast too.

I will be careful, I have used this thing a good bit so far and no issues. What's the big difference between this one and say a viiar, minus the $200 plus bones? It has a built in fuse to kill if it overheats. Not using it to run lockers or anything only to refill tires and and stuff.
Thats a good point, I mean it does shut off if it happens. And I have never had it happen with my compressor. I'll revise what I said and just say nice install.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks really good
Old 04-08-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

very nice install
now
will someone please tell me what the difference is between the $50 Harbor Freight compressor and the Warn $250.00 compressor ,they both look alike ,they come in the same carry bag with the same accessories and have the same specs and warranty
Old 04-08-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
Good install Jason!!! Nice Pics.. see you even have some pennies left over in the tray!!
Yeah I am down to my last pennies for installs now

I will be working on installing my transmission cooler that has been sitting in the box for 1.5months now tomorrow afternoon.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

I only plan on running the compressor with the hood open for ventilation and without the engine running. Thanks for all the comments and concerns Look for my tranny cooler install tomorrow
Old 04-09-2010, 03:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jason0341
I only plan on running the compressor with the hood open for ventilation and without the engine running. Thanks for all the comments and concerns Look for my tranny cooler install tomorrow

Word to the wise.......run it WITH the engine running. You will get better performance from it and it won't drain your battery

A dead battery on the trail SUCKS!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:43 AM
JK Freak

NICE!!!! Im going to do this this weekend.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is my next project. I'm so freakin tired of not having a compressor while out for the weekend. It's one of the big things I miss about my SS trailblazer. It had a factory built in air compressor, for the factory rear air ride. I used it religiously when I had my 4wheeler. I plan to use the same mount and currently struggling with the whole, is the ViAir 400c worth 200 or go with something like the Harbor freight. I may just say the heck with it and get the twin pack 450c's off of amazon. I found 2 of them for 339. Which works out to 170 per unit for the 450c. So, now its time to start digging around and see who's actually building what.

-Chad-
Old 04-09-2010, 05:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKChad
this is my next project. I'm so freakin tired of not having a compressor while out for the weekend. It's one of the big things I miss about my SS trailblazer. It had a factory built in air compressor, for the factory rear air ride. I used it religiously when I had my 4wheeler. I plan to use the same mount and currently struggling with the whole, is the ViAir 400c worth 200 or go with something like the Harbor freight. I may just say the heck with it and get the twin pack 450c's off of amazon. I found 2 of them for 339. Which works out to 170 per unit for the 450c. So, now its time to start digging around and see who's actually building what.

-Chad-
Ha I am not to sure about the ViAir and the C's and that. This compressor for me is to just fill tires, my bike tires, and whatever other stuff I can find around the house actually use it on! That way my neighbor can say "Damn that is another cool thing you added to the Jeep."
Old 04-14-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

thats really cool! so still no issues with it overeating and what not? Im guessing its always connected to the battery? how exatcly did you do that? doesnt it use big jumper cables to connect to the battery?

I want to get this setup but i dont wanna spend a ton of money on extra parts and fork out enough money to buy the ARB compressor.

So what all did you need? Just the compressor, the mount,...................anything else extra

thanks great install!!!

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Compressor Install