Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hanson Offroad Rocksliders

Old 06-19-2009, 10:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanson Offroad Rocksliders

Well after my sidestep broke last week I ordered some Hanson Offroad Rocksliders. They told me I'd have them at the end of the week. Well I did not get anything saying they shipped. So I was just planning to install a new drag link. Well as I'm about to go into the garage here comes the UPS truck. Yes! My sliders. I decided I'll do the drag link next week, today I'm doing the sliders.

This is what happened to my side step.

I had actually bent them already. But I told the wife I'd replace them when they broke. In hindsight, I should have replaced them long ago. When I bent them before, it was actually the pinch seam and rocker that I bent. Not much, but I could see it when I got the Rocksliders on. You can see the paint is cracked.

So here's the passenger side. Stuff came up and I did not get to do the drivers. I'll do that side in the AM before work.

More pics of the install in my gallery. I'll take more tomorrow. One thing I did notice is that I have extra bolts! I have 12 5/16' button head bolts that go nowhere? I think I'm going to take off the regular 5/16 bolts on the bottom and put the button head ones there. It was hard enough getting the OEM bolts off because they were so beat up.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:34 AM
JK Jedi

Nice combo of rocker protection and side step availibility.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about you busting your old steps but the Hansons are looking good my brother!

I might have to look into these for Sunshine when I get to that step.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Skippman
Sorry to hear about you busting your old steps but the Hansons are looking good my brother!

I might have to look into these for Sunshine when I get to that step.

Thanks, but I'm not I'd still be waiting to buy these.

Hey, another thing I've noticed, I didn't get a sticker of any sort? Not with the Full traction either.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love them. Great upgrade!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:55 AM
JK Junkie

I agree great upgrade
Old 06-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hanson/PUREJEEP Representative

Glad it went smooth. We originally were installing standard bolts but came to the conclusion the button heads would be nicer. PM me and I will get you out Hanson and FT stickers if you would like.
Thanks,
Jer
Old 06-21-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hanson/PUREJEEP
Glad it went smooth. We originally were installing standard bolts but came to the conclusion the button heads would be nicer. PM me and I will get you out Hanson and FT stickers if you would like.
Thanks,
Jer
Not so smooth on the drivers side, It was a little bent up. But no biggie, I fixed it. I did put the button head bolts on the bottom. Some of the OEM bolts would not take a socket the were so beat up. And it made the most sense that's where they went. Now I just need to get some playground sand and paint and I'll be set. Well that's if I can figure out my transfer case switch problem and get the new drag link installed before Friday. I'll post even pics later. Maybe even do a write up, but the instruction were good and the only thing missing was the button head bolts.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those are some good looking steps man!
Old 06-27-2009, 04:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got any shots from the bottom? Are they boat sliders?

Quick Reply: Hanson Offroad Rocksliders