Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hanson Offroad front bumper, rear bumper, and tire carrier

Old 04-19-2008, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edubreuil
Looks great. The tire carrier appears to be mounted on the tailgate. Just the weight of my 35" spare is a bit too much for the hinges. I can't imagine adding another 25 or 30 lbs of steel to the mix though.
The tire carrier is mounted on the tail gate, but it is not only mounted to the location of the stock carrier, but it is also tied into the hinges as well. I would say the majority of the strength for it comes from the hinge side of the gate. The mounts of the tire carrier is an exact fit inside the space of the hinges. When I first put it on the tire carrier was very sturdy on the gate even with no bolts holding it to the gate. The are a few of these carriers that have been mounted for over a year with 37" tires hanging off of them with absolutely no problems at all. Hanson has really done a nice job of design with this carrier.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
I dont mean to be a jerk but I thought the whole point of a rear bumper was to get the heavy 35 or 37 off the tailgate.

I had a Hanson front bumper on my 73 Bronco and loved it.
No worries thats not being a jerk! I also thought the same thing when I first saw their design, but the way they executed it is first class. I really like how sturdy it is, and I also dig the fact that I only have to open my gate, not the tire carrier then the gate.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

LOOKS AWESOME.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great Tim!

If the AEV rear bumper does not get released soon, I may need to take a closer look at the Hanson.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Heck Yes! Thats a BA set up. I'll lift mine, eventually
Old 04-19-2008, 11:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great! Great color choice!
Old 04-19-2008, 11:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for all the compliments. I cut off that LAME ASS bash bar and installed Expedition One's Rubi Skid Plate. A photo of how it looks now....

Old 05-14-2008, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

this may be a stupid question, but i havent been able to find anymore info on these products... BUT, are you able to utilize the tire carrier with the factory bumper?? as it looks like it sits out farther than stock and may set it out far enough to clear bigger tires... just a inquirey...?
Old 05-14-2008, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks great! Didn't you have a red rock?

Quick Reply: Hanson Offroad front bumper, rear bumper, and tire carrier