Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hanson front bumper

Old 09-09-2008, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking bumper but I noticed it does stick out more. Is there room enough to chop off a few inches of crush can and weld the mount plates back a bit furthur or are there spacers you can remove to bring the bumper back a bit more? I like how you chopped off the bash bar, I will be doing the same and using a skid to flatten it up a bit.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Great looking bumper but I noticed it does stick out more. Is there room enough to chop off a few inches of crush can and weld the mount plates back a bit furthur or are there spacers you can remove to bring the bumper back a bit more? I like how you chopped off the bash bar, I will be doing the same and using a skid to flatten it up a bit.
I'm bumping this up, because I am also looking at this bumper and wondering if there are spacers that can be removed or something that would allow the bumper to be moved back a bit. It seems like there's a pretty big gap between the grill and the bumper. Also, I was wondering if there's enough room between the fog lights to mount a license plate.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Hanson makes very good well thought out products. There are no spacers to take out, however this bumper does not stick out any farther than most aftermarket bumpers. It is just a minimalist bumper and I think it makes the illusion that it sticks out farther. I am sure you could put a license plate between the fog lights if you wanted to.

Couple pics of mine with a winch on it....

Last edited by Ctimrun; 09-18-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
Hanson makes very good well thought out products. There are no spacers to take out, however this bumper does not stick out any farther than most aftermarket bumpers. It is just a minimalist bumper and I think it makes the illusion that it sticks out farther. I am sure you could put a license plate between the fog lights if you wanted to.

Here is a pic of mine with a winch on it....

Wow that JK looks Clean!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
Wow that JK looks Clean!

My wife followed me on my mountain bike across Main Divide in it, got it pretty dirty!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

ctimrun,

Very nice looking rig!

Do you know why most of the aftermarket bumpers leave such a gap between the bumper and grill and leave so much frame exposed? I tried a PureJeep, and it was the same way. I didn't like being able to see through the huge gap to the ground. I'm guessing it's so you have space in case of a crash, but then some other bumpers like the HighRock practically touch the grill. I'm really picky I guess, but I suppose I could get used to the gap.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been cosidering this bumper as well. Thanks for the pics, it looks good on your rig
Old 09-18-2008, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Couple pics of mine with a winch on it....

Agreed, keep in mind that mine also has a 1" body lift that kinda accentuates the gap between bumper and grill. I however think Hanson could have designed that portion of the bumper better to eliminate some of the frame showing. That is still my biggest problem with the bumper. When I get a winch I hope it doesn't bother me as much. I may trim my factory plastic piece and reinstall behind the Hanson bumper.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

My wife followed me on my mountain bike across Main Divide in it, got it pretty dirty!
I was just up there today. We should go for a run!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is far out,that is what I'm looking for, something short with the bush bar
I like that one or the fab four,but thats a little pricey,the shop here what's 2,000can I laughed.A month later it was down to 1,500 and still no one paid that much.
Was that a good deal,I'm going to check it out,thanks for the pics

Quick Reply: Hanson front bumper