Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Handgun storage in the Jeep.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like that lock box, where did you get it?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Preacher
Just an update, it fits perfectly in the bottom of the little "trunk" storage area. Add a padlock to the spring loaded latch on the trunk and you have more security. (well, you do on mine because the tool box in my Jeep covers the hinge for that trunk cubby)
I own the exact same lock box. I have the tuffy cargo door over the cubby in the rear. I can attach the cable inside the cubby and then lock the door. I think that this is secure when topless but will always have the weapon near when legal.

NRA-Endowment
Old 02-18-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ltgcracker
I like that lock box, where did you get it?
Try
(for the one under discussion Cabela's have two sizes)

w ww.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=null-cat20799&rid=&indexId=cat20799&navAction=push&mast erpathid=&navCount=0&parentType=index&parentId=cat 20799&id=0045006&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat =Google&cm_pla=pistol%20safe&cm_ite=netcon&rid=214 6251080

(Similiar but a little nicer)
w ww.cheaperthandirt.com/60573-1.html
w ww.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=676336#enlarge
Old 02-18-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

I don't understand why you need to carry a gun with you? You often shoot people? Scare them?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by michaelmjc
I don't understand why you need to carry a gun with you? You often shoot people? Scare them?

Actually the plan/hope is to never need it. I've had some type of firearm in my hands since I was 10 years old, now 31 and I have never had to draw my weapon against someone. Keep in mind though, I have it if ever someone wants to see how lucky they really are.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi guys, I equally am a gun enthusiast here in NY too but as I am told there are nice gun safe that are made to go under the seat and you can remove it and mount it on the additional plate that is sold with the safe in your home or bussiness. The only problem here in NY is that you are not allowed to lock up your weapon in your automobile and leave it unattended at any given point in time. It is to be kept on your person to and from the range and that's it no stops in between, when going to the gun shop it must be locked up in a case. Anything else can result in the cops breaking your chops and possibly releaving you of your privelage to bear arms.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Easyryder01
Hi guys, I equally am a gun enthusiast here in NY too but as I am told there are nice gun safe that are made to go under the seat and you can remove it and mount it on the additional plate that is sold with the safe in your home or bussiness. The only problem here in NY is that you are not allowed to lock up your weapon in your automobile and leave it unattended at any given point in time. It is to be kept on your person to and from the range and that's it no stops in between, when going to the gun shop it must be locked up in a case. Anything else can result in the cops breaking your chops and possibly releaving you of your privelage to bear arms.

Gun laws here in CO are a lot less stringent, in fact CO is an open carry state - meaning if the weapon is visible you can openly carry it, loaded, on your person. Too carry it concealed you obviously need to have the appropriate permit. Govt buildings, businesses that server liquor and businesses that display signs are the exception.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:45 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelmjc

This is NOT a gun debate thread, if you wish to discuss carrying guns or debate the need you are free to do so IN ANOTHER THREAD.

So it is clear to everyone: continuing to try to stear this thread into a gun debate thread WILL be considered TROLLING and is against the rules of this forum.

Keep it on track.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 02-19-2010 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:00 AM
JK Super Freak

I like the GunVault one they sell at Midway. This one is made of 16-gauge steel vs 18-, 20- or 21-gauge that other cases offer. I also find it cool that they have my same exact carry pistol in their online ad picture.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

here is a link of the one i see as the best option cheap, detachable, close to you and most importent conceled

http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/95.htm

Quick Reply: Handgun storage in the Jeep.