Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Handgun storage in the Jeep.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:57 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I just saw that a few days ago on Quadratec's site. Looks pretty cool.

VDP Locking Hidden Storage Vault for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK

This one secures to the bottom of the storage space (I think) then when you lock it, then it is stuck in there.

the little black box? Depends on where you puy it. I suppose.

Anything that isnt accesable to me sitting in the driver's seat isnt worth a damn. Half of carrying concealed is concealed. If i have to get out and risk someone seeing me pull off my holster to put it in the trunk then it wasnt worth it. Then they know i am carrying and just where to open the Jeep to get it. That is why i keep going back to the console idea.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a used first run (black padding on the lid) Tuffy center console insert a week or two ago. I really like it. I couldn't find a way to weld it in, without tearing up the factory plastic, but I think with the supplied hardware it would be very labor intensive to enter into or remove. Your average thieving tard would most likely not mess it it very long. If someone actually stole the jeep that had time to cut it open then it would all be lost anyway.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
I picked up a used first run (black padding on the lid) Tuffy center console insert a week or two ago. I really like it. I couldn't find a way to weld it in, without tearing up the factory plastic, but I think with the supplied hardware it would be very labor intensive to enter into or remove. Your average thieving tard would most likely not mess it it very long. If someone actually stole the jeep that had time to cut it open then it would all be lost anyway.
would you mind posting pics if you go with this option i have a soft top that is off alot and would like some peace of mind while i have my little buddy in the jeep i was thinking a combo lock would be good i dont like taking the key out of the ignition while im driving and i just see my self getting into that kind of problem, plus versatility is allways nice

thanks much
Old 02-17-2010, 10:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fattony21
i swim and raft lots and its hard to keep my gun, keys, cell phone, and my wallet in my speedo

I have a nice iniside the waist holster I can sell you...

Seriously though, put some thought as to where you will put your lock box because if you are seen taking a long time to secure your firearm, it is a great tip off to those who are looking for it.

Living in Utah, there are a lot of us who carry but that also means that there are lot's of "bad guys" who are waiting for you to leave your firearm in your vehicle and leave so they can break in and steal it. Personally, since it's concealed anyway, I just keep it on me unless I know there's going to be a metal detctor involved.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

your name fat tony and the word speedo just dont go together.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I recently bought a pelican case that fits under the seat. Perfect home for the Glock 36. .45 Baby!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To store a weapon, I would definately invest in the Tuffy center console. I know it's uber expensive... but it's worth the safety and security to know you're not going to lose your weapon (or GPS, wallet, etc...)

Just put $20 bucks away every week, you'll have enough to buy the Tuffy in no time.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Same here. I put mine in the glovebox. Your only gonna be in there 10 min. hopefully. I think the glove box will do
Old 02-18-2010, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Here in TN you can't carry into Fed Buildings (like everywhere), schools, and for the moment restaurants that serve alcohol and other specific places that are posted legally.

For the moment I use the center console, I'm up at my kids school/church a lot. Here is a company that has similar safes. Here is the website, http://www.center-of-mass.com/Store_InCarGunSafe.htm They have different sizes as well. I'm not affliated with them nor do I own one. I want to either get one of these or go with the Tuffy products..or both.

Last edited by Robar; 02-18-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 02-18-2010, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-UTE
I have a nice iniside the waist holster I can sell you...

Seriously though, put some thought as to where you will put your lock box because if you are seen taking a long time to secure your firearm, it is a great tip off to those who are looking for it.

Living in Utah, there are a lot of us who carry but that also means that there are lot's of "bad guys" who are waiting for you to leave your firearm in your vehicle and leave so they can break in and steal it. Personally, since it's concealed anyway, I just keep it on me unless I know there's going to be a metal detctor involved.
ive only had to leave it once were there was a metal detector if theres a sign on the door i just didnt see it i dont think the owner will mind if i shoot the basterd that is robing the place or just lighting it up, i was at a sportsman show last weekend and seen a smitybuilt with a good design for 50 bucks ill have to keep my doors on but its with in reach and no one will be the wiser except all of you. ill post some pics when i do this, it may take a while.

Quick Reply: Handgun storage in the Jeep.