Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Handgun storage in the Jeep.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am working on a pistol permit. Right now I just carry a shotgun strapped down in the cargo area with rubber die towns. (I do not have a rear seat).

Useful when youre out in the country (my 2nd home is in Morgan Center, Vermont) and some bear charges you.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i carry everyday everywere except restricted areas i would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have one, you never know when you will. I think its safe to say those who carry legally hope to never need it.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fattony21
i carry everyday everywere except restricted areas i would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have one, you never know when you will. I think its safe to say those who carry legally hope to never need it.
Amen, brother
Old 02-10-2010, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fattony21
I second that.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

they now make a lockable storage trunk that fill in the tray in the rear cargo area this would be a great place and legal.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4Jesus
they now make a lockable storage trunk that fill in the tray in the rear cargo area this would be a great place and legal.

I just saw that a few days ago on Quadratec's site. Looks pretty cool.

VDP Locking Hidden Storage Vault for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 02-10-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by officer_vince
It would probably blow your minds at what is not allowed in Canada. All handguns, AR-type and AK-type weapons are "restricted" which means you need a special permit to own and transport them. You can only transport said weapons to the range and directly back to your house. You can not have more than 10rounds in a semi-pistol or more than 5rounds in a semi-long gun.
I guess this means that the group of Canadians most likely to have guns are the bad guys.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kahlua
Wow, how many of you carry concealed weapons when youre out and about?! And WHY?! Is everyone so paranoid that they have to be packing all the time, wherever they go (besides the bank)? I guess Canada isnt that bad after all...
Personally I have been in two gas stations when guns were pulled on the clerks. I have also been at a party trying to break up a fist fight between two people and had one pulled on me. I carry to keep myself and my wife safe. I like to know if and when the shit hits the fan, I'm not depending on someone else to bail me out. It's a very horrible feeling to be helpless with a gunman 20 feet from you.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess that is why Bush always says "Dont mess with Texas"
Old 02-13-2010, 03:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lets please keep this on topic...we have an entire sub-forum to discuss CCW and related topics. Lets talk about this gun storage.

Unless you secure the box to something, I don't see the point. Surely it wouldn't be that hard to crack that box. Unless the box is bolted down so it's hard to carry away, I think this is a waste of money.

Anyone have some pictures of it bolted down?

Quick Reply: Handgun storage in the Jeep.