Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Handgun storage in the Jeep.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, how many of you carry concealed weapons when youre out and about?! And WHY?! Is everyone so paranoid that they have to be packing all the time, wherever they go (besides the bank)? I guess Canada isnt that bad after all...
Old 02-09-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

its not about that, some of us just like to exercise our right to bear arms, nothing wrong with that. and people who have gone through the process to legally carry are the responsible ones, the ones that shouldn't be worried about. its the ones that illegally do it that are the ones to worry about. just my 2c.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Fair enough....im not judging, just curious is all. In Canada firearm regulations are so restrictive - its a completely different deal. Just never thought of how many cars may have firearms as they pass me on the interstate...
Old 02-09-2010, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kahlua
Fair enough....im not judging, just curious is all. In Canada firearm regulations are so restrictive - its a completely different deal. Just never thought of how many cars may have firearms as they pass me on the interstate...
If you look at past threads (search) this has been discussed at length. And is usually asked about by one of your canadian brothers. I see your new so welcome.

To put in my I went with the tuffy solution, kinda what they were made for. Beside the obvious reasons for not wanting your firearm stolen I happen to be emotionally attached to my little friend . I spend more time with my .45 pressed up against me than my spouse and am depending on it to function flawlessly in a critical situation.

Last edited by toymaster; 02-09-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:08 PM
JK Newbie

perfect place to mount it? hip.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

First, welcome to the board!

America has long history and love affair with guns of all kinds. Perhaps it's a byproduct of how our country was founded by taming the Old West. Maybe we're a violent people. Maybe we're just paranoid. Many of the biggest names in firearms development were American. Samuel Colt, John Browning, Eugene Stoner, and Ronnie Barrett to name just a few.

Our founding fathers created this country through guerilla warfare and an unending desire to make their own destiny. Our country was created, quite literally, by the barrel of a gun. Many of us see it as our patriotic duty to keep that memory alive by practicing responsible gun ownership.

I'm a first generation American. My family is from Germany. When my relatives come to visit I always get asked about guns and why they're so common here if they're so dangerous. My rational argument is that cars are far more common and more deadly than most guns. One person being distracted while driving or negligent in their maintenance can easily kill a dozen other people in a car. Using a gun, despite what anyone would have you believe, is a deliberate action.

As long as I have the right, I will exercise it. Be it freedom of speech, freedom of religion, or the right to bear arms. Neglecting to exercise your rights is the first step to someone taking them from you. Paranoid? Maybe. But history has shown there to be truth in these words.

The fact that we’re discussing proper storage techniques shows that many of us who do carry are responsible people who want to abide by the letter of the law and ensure that our guns are properly secured at all times against both theft and misuse.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skippman
Our founding fathers created this country through guerilla warfare and an unending desire to make their own destiny. Our country was created, quite literally, by the barrel of a gun. Many of us see it as our patriotic duty to keep that memory alive by practicing responsible gun ownership...........

Skippman don't mean to get on you here to bad you did a good job in the response but let me remind you it is NOT a memory. We keep our country free by the gun. People go about their peaceful lives, indeed are born in a peaceful life and do not realize every day some of us fight the good fight.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Regardless of what some of the others have said, I think its a great idea. I just saw a steel locking door in the newest JP magazine that I liked. I am probably going to go that route but I do like ur idea. There is a need to secure ur handgun in a locked and secure box when going into carry free zones. I don't trust the glove box or center console and the cheap locks. Thanks for posting and great idea!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

If I could carry 24/7 up here I would. I can't bring my "restricted" class duty firearm anywhere with me 24/7. The only firearms we Canadians are allowed to have anywhere we go is a properly stored long gun. Therefore I carry a Remmington 870 shotgun while on the trail.
It would probably blow your minds at what is not allowed in Canada. All handguns, AR-type and AK-type weapons are "restricted" which means you need a special permit to own and transport them. You can only transport said weapons to the range and directly back to your house. You can not have more than 10rounds in a semi-pistol or more than 5rounds in a semi-long gun.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, how many of you carry concealed weapons when youre out and about?! And WHY?! Is everyone so paranoid that they have to be packing all the time, wherever they go (besides the bank)? I guess Canada isnt that bad after all...
There are three kind of people in this world: sheep, sheep dogs, and wolves. Figure out where you fit into that and then you'll understand.

Quick Reply: Handgun storage in the Jeep.