Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Handgun storage in the Jeep.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a Tuffy glove box for mine. The gun never stays in there overnight.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My only concern with the tuffy products is that the gun might move around while you are driving. It could cause an accidental discharge or a damaged finish on the gun?
Old 04-20-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
My only concern with the tuffy products is that the gun might move around while you are driving. It could cause an accidental discharge or a damaged finish on the gun?
That is why you want to line the drawer with a thin rubber pad at a minimum and why I chopped up a perfectly good holster to stay permanently in the drawer.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

keep it in a holster even if its just a soft one you dont use on your person that will protect everything along the line of your day
Old 04-20-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone got any ideas for storing a short shot gun?
Old 04-20-2010, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would hope that you don't store your pistol in the glove box with a chambered round? If you don't then you're pretty safe as far as accidental discharges go.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coby Dick
Anyone got any ideas for storing a short shot gun?
right on the dash that would give people the hint to just leave you alone

there was a thread on this and other riffle storage somewere goodluck finding it
Old 04-21-2010, 03:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now if i am going to have a gun it sure as hell wont be concealed, roof mounted cannon ! even if it were legal to carry a hand gun i can't see any reason why i would want to. but each to their own.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAM24
I would hope that you don't store your pistol in the glove box with a chambered round? If you don't then you're pretty safe as far as accidental discharges go.
Even if you do, a gun isn't going to just go off without something pulling the trigger. Regular vehicle movement doesn't do that. For me, it is on my person when driving, and only goes in the locked glove box when I go somewhere where firearms are a no-no...
Old 04-24-2010, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

x2 guns dont kill people people kill people # 2 rule for gun owners

i dont know about any of you but none of my guns have ever grew legs and went and shot someone

Quick Reply: Handgun storage in the Jeep.