Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Handgun storage in the Jeep.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed my Tuffy drawer

I was surprised at how small the tuffy drawer looked coming out of the box... I was equally surprised at not only how efficiently the box uses the space under the seat, but also with how you do not notice it unless the seat is set most of the way back/ Go for the combo lock!

Fits a holstered 1911 very well... I actually chopped up an old Blackhawk tactical drop leg for a new life as the permanent Tuffy holster. I am going to line the drawer with a thin rubber liner to prevent things from sliding around inside.

I am a happy customer.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hs106
I guess this means that the group of Canadians most likely to have guns are the bad guys.
naw, we Canadians love guns too and we love to hunt. My uncle is a collector and has an awesome collection.

Hey, I thought I saw a tuffy? lock box that bolted under the seat and slides out like a drawer. Anyone see it?

I was visiting my cousin in the country and happened to see this guy walking down the street with a rifle and thought that was wierd so I asked my cousin about it. He say "oh ya that's just so and so (i forgot his name) coming home from work."
Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by troyboy
naw, we Canadians love guns too and we love to hunt. My uncle is a collector and has an awesome collection.

Hey, I thought I saw a tuffy? lock box that bolted under the seat and slides out like a drawer. Anyone see it?

I was visiting my cousin in the country and happened to see this guy walking down the street with a rifle and thought that was wierd so I asked my cousin about it. He say "oh ya that's just so and so (i forgot his name) coming home from work."
Doh the post just before mine talks about it. I wanna get one of those although not for a gun.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by d-cannon
I was surprised at how small the tuffy drawer looked coming out of the box... I was equally surprised at not only how efficiently the box uses the space under the seat, but also with how you do not notice it unless the seat is set most of the way back/ Go for the combo lock!

Fits a holstered 1911 very well... I actually chopped up an old Blackhawk tactical drop leg for a new life as the permanent Tuffy holster. I am going to line the drawer with a thin rubber liner to prevent things from sliding around inside.

I am a happy customer.
Good to hear, and it is nice that it will hold a holstered 1911. That's a good size.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default tuffy vs bestop

so is the tuffy drawer at twice the cost better than the bestop drawer.....i know you get a little more space with the tuffy and the bestop's are on backorder, but overall quality wise is it that much better?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by oO_Rogue_Oo
I don't think anyone has seen a Bestop drawer yet. I actually think this is one of those time when Bestop has advertised something that will probably never be produced or at least never for the current price. We'll see; meanwhile My Tuffy drawer is on it's way to me.
Lets see some pics so we can see what can really fit into Bestop or tuffy box? I am anxiously awaiting to see and buy one myself for my ccw.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gun storage

I must say that storing a weapon in you car is sometimes a bad idea. That being said I would suggest a Tuffy under the seat mount and also make sure to use one way security screws. If storing a long gun such as a AR15 make sure you get a closed locker mount in the back with security screws as well. Quick detach mounts for long guns will deactivate if power supply to lock is cut so beware of those mounts .
Old 04-20-2010, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Fitting a holstered 1911 in the Tuffy box is easier said then done. I used a very modified holster... The down-side of the tuffy box is that the steel plates that the arm locks into hang down a half inch or so from the ceiling and will interfere with anything that rises more than 2.5" above the floor of the drawer. An unholstered gun fits with ease.

Last edited by d-cannon; 04-20-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Default 50 Cal Storage

Desert Eagle Fits perfectly in the wrangler
Click image for larger version

Name:	50 Cal Storage..jpg
Views:	150
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	62110
Old 04-20-2010, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know this is for handguns, but my father and i hunt up in quebec canada and i was wondering if any of you know any companies that make rifle and shotgun racks for jeeps?

Quick Reply: Handgun storage in the Jeep.