Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Handgun storage in the Jeep.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robar
I picked up a used first run (black padding on the lid) Tuffy center console insert a week or two ago.
I have that insert. It came with bolts to bolt it to the floor and it's very solid when you do this.

Jeff
Old 03-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Youri
Yay, it will definitely fit! So excited to get this. I hope it doesn't take like 3 years for quadratec to send it out.
Tuffy has another batch of the Conceal Carry Security Drawer in production, scheduled for completion on Tuesday 3/30 if you don't want to wait. It is a little more expensive but you get more storage space and some additional features.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tuffy2
Tuffy has another batch of the Conceal Carry Security Drawer in production, scheduled for completion on Tuesday 3/30 if you don't want to wait. It is a little more expensive but you get more storage space and some additional features.
How much is "a little more" expensive?
Old 03-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How much is "a little more" expensive?
We are going to have it for sale for 100.00 Shipped

And it has something like 37% more room in side it and its made in the USA

David
Old 03-24-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zerodown
Just out of curiosity, how often to you need a gun in your vehicle?
you only need it the one time. Then you are glad you had it.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeff@zina.com
Same here.

Jeff
same set up here, happy with it.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

lol you all and your hand guns....

i just throw my 223, 30-06, 20 and 12 gauge in the back seat!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been considering the VDP Hidden Storage Vault or the Bestop Underseat Storage Box but am going to check out the Tuffy version since it is larger and I doubt my Glock will fit in the Bestop version without unholstering it (not exactly what I want to do with a "trigger-safety gun"! Anyone have personal experience with any of these mounted in their JK and some opinions on effeciency of the boxes?

Originally Posted by rcwade
Personally I have been in two gas stations when guns were pulled on the clerks. I have also been at a party trying to break up a fist fight between two people and had one pulled on me. I carry to keep myself and my wife safe. I like to know if and when the shit hits the fan, I'm not depending on someone else to bail me out. It's a very horrible feeling to be helpless with a gunman 20 feet from you.
I dont disagree with you, but in some states alcohol/guns can cause a LOT of legal problems (whether it is self-defense or not). If it helps keep you alive for another day tho I can't say I would argue with your choice. As someone stated earlier about The whole "sheep, sheep dogs, and wolves" thing, I would prefer to stay in the "sheep dog" area....They know what to do, when to do it , and why they should be doing it (this one I think applies more to us as concealed carriers because we should THINK about whether it is our place to be involved in certain situations).

Last edited by hittnthebz; 04-04-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure it has been said before and is an old thread and all. But being an Ex Rangemen I cannot stress enough that storing any firearm in a vehicle is just flat out irresponsible. Just wait until your Jeep is broken into, or stolen and that cute little box is removed .... the fun begins with the next crime made with your very own firearm.

If you think you are free and clear because YOU didn't pull the trigger .... think again as suit after suit gets won against firearm owners who did not properly secure their firearms. Anti-Gun lawers eat this stuff up.

My transport is my own person. My Gun ... My Side... My Terms. ... CCW
Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
I am sure it has been said before and is an old thread and all. But being an Ex Rangemen I cannot stress enough that storing any firearm in a vehicle is just flat out irresponsible. Just wait until your Jeep is broken into, or stolen and that cute little box is removed .... the fun begins with the next crime made with your very own firearm.

If you thinkconviou are free and clear because YOU didn't pull the trigger .... think again as suit after suit gets won against firearm owners who did not properly secure their firearms. Anti-Gun lawers eat this stuff up.

My transport is my own person. My Gun ... My Side... My Terms. ... CCW
When you carry everyday, carrying everywhere is not always an option, or you risk felony gun charges and will lose your rights forever. Trying to get a permit, keeping a permit, buying a gun with a felony gun conviction is not going to happen, so sometimes you don't have the choice to go home, or stow your firearm elsewhere, for example, going to a kids game after school, or picking up a sick kid from school, etc. So having a safe alternative, like this Tuffy box, is an outstanding option.

You might not be "free and clear", you might have to answer some questions, but if you did what you were suppose to do, stowed it, secured it, etc and you file a report you will be fine. Criminals typically don't buy legal guns, they steal them or buy stolen ones, and it just doesn't happen that the lawyers, anti-gun or not, goes after the victim of theft. Negligence, like leaving it on the dash, seat, etc, maybe there is case or two. I've read several instances of people getting a visit from a detective about a stolen gun used in a crime, they explained what had happened, that was it.

This storage box is better than other options, due to being able to move your handgun from your holstered position then into the lock box, without being noticed. Going to the tailgate area is a no go, you are giving away that you are "hiding" something. Going to your glove box and even your center console can give it away as well. I also like the fact that it is not in the spots criminals will look for a quick grab. If they are stealing, they go straight to the glove box and console, and trunk.

I like this box. Looks like it's a winner.

Last edited by db09JKU; 04-16-2010 at 06:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Handgun storage in the Jeep.