Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Half doors for my 4 door JK

Old 05-06-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
Personally I don't see what the hype is about. I had them on an old TJ... went to full doors much nicer. For halfs I would get som soft halfs and call it a day.... even better NO DAMN DOORS!
feel the same way, I would just like them for the trail not to damage my full doors.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered the Bestop Element doors with the hard enclosures? They accept the soft uppers and can be painted. All for a lot less than the factory half doors. Just a thought.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

How many people actually have half doors on their JK? I was at the dealership yesterday having some work done, and looking through the Wrangler book, every JK pictured in it had half doors. I have seen 1 JK with half doors on the road in person in the last three years. I'd love a set of half doors, but not for 7K. Not even for 3K. That is a lot of mod money better spent somewhere else.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dmhines
Incredibly if you look at any of the online OEM parts sellers the FULL door shells retail for $679 and the HALF door shells retail for $907 .... crazy ...
Mopar is officially releasing them in June. However I doubt they would be under $3000. Doors are expensive, a half door isn't cheaper to make than a full one... Actually probably more expensive since they don't benefit from the economy of scale assembly line full doors benefits of.... Also the price of the 1/2 include the canvas windows which are probably expensive to make as well, definitely more expensive that a piece of glass.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
Have you considered the Bestop Element doors with the hard enclosures? They accept the soft uppers and can be painted. All for a lot less than the factory half doors. Just a thought.

I like those! Does anyone here have them?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by somewhereinla
Mopar is officially releasing them in June. However I doubt they would be under $3000. Doors are expensive, a half door isn't cheaper to make than a full one... Actually probably more expensive since they don't benefit from the economy of scale assembly line full doors benefits of.... Also the price of the 1/2 include the canvas windows which are probably expensive to make as well, definitely more expensive that a piece of glass.
I would think with the bankruptcy and everything else going on that they may have better things to do than release half-door kits ...
Old 05-06-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jasona33
I like those! Does anyone here have them?
Mowrangler has them, and they look great when painted. I was impressed.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Mowrangler has them, and they look great when painted. I was impressed.
Here's the thread ... Painted my elements enclosures

and a pic of his final product...

Last edited by HG07JKRubi; 05-06-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

The best I found on half doors was approx $6k at www.jeepsrus.com

Its crazy that Jeep do not offer them at a more sensible price.
There has to be several of us out there that went for the high-door at purchase for all the obvious sensible reasons but yearn for the real top down feel and look that half doors gives you.

It sounds crazy at that price, but I am about to cave and close for this summer - Its a whole other beast with them on
Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a silly request, but does anyone have a pic of a 4 door with full front doors and half rear doors?

I want to get just half doors on the rear but I need to see what it would look like before buying the element doors.

Quick Reply: Half doors for my 4 door JK