Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Gun Holster

Old 09-12-2008, 08:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember a video of an officer shooting himself. I know this isnt the same person but just remembered. Giving a gun safety speach to a bunch of kids and then shoots himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlkF3DtarRE
Old 09-13-2008, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YingYang
I remember a video of an officer shooting himself. I know this isnt the same person but just remembered. Giving a gun safety speach to a bunch of kids and then shoots himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlkF3DtarRE
yea, this guy actually sued the person who leaked the video claiming that it ruined his career because he couldn't get hired in law enforcement anywhere in the country after this thing got out. turns out cops love youtube
Old 09-13-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I love this location for a holster.

But check your local laws. It's been a few years since my last CCW class, but I'm not sure this would fly (legally) in South Carolina (although most cops are "gun guys" and don't look for violations)...

I think that it can be on your person, or in the glovebox or trunk (if you have a Concealed Weapons Permit), but a holster tucked between the seats is a no-no... Then, of course, there are seperate rules if you don't have a permit to carry concealed.

Personally, I think the specifics of the gun laws are well intended, but a bit silly at times. i.e. whats the difference between on my belt (legal) and between the seats (illegal)?!

I'll have to re-read the SC laws and see if I can legally implement this holster placement!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

That is a nice set up and probably the only way I would use a paddle holster. Any problem with hitting your legs or with your pistol getting overly dusty? I just put mine on the front passenger seat or the glovebox. If I am on the trail, it is in a small case under the seat to keep it from the dust.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Great setup! very good idea!

oh and i don't think anyone else has mentioned this yet but nice GLOCK!
I love glocks.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Boo to Glocks and their crappy grip. XD, man, XD all the way.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by redstarcluster
Boo to Glocks and their crappy grip. XD, man, XD all the way.
H&K > XD > Glock
Old 09-13-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Sig > H&K> the rest
Old 09-14-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by J2H
I thought there was a nationwide "Fortress Law" or something that if someone breaks in your house, you can engage with prejudice
No, here in VA, you can only use lethal force against lethal force. If someone breaks into my home, I'm supposed to assume that they are hungry and just looking for food. I like your idea though. But, what do you do with it when you get somewhere? The company I work for doesn't allow firearms on the property. We do have a company police force that could search but never have as far as I know. Also, if you would like to "secure" your weapon upon leaving the Jeep, what do you do. I eventually want to get the tuffy storage console to keep mine in when I can't carry, and can't legally carry into the business. I have a HK 40 Compact so I need somewhere to secure my HK in my JK!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bodo
No, here in VA, you can only use lethal force against lethal force. If someone breaks into my home, I'm supposed to assume that they are hungry and just looking for food. I like your idea though. But, what do you do with it when you get somewhere? The company I work for doesn't allow firearms on the property. We do have a company police force that could search but never have as far as I know. Also, if you would like to "secure" your weapon upon leaving the Jeep, what do you do. I eventually want to get the tuffy storage console to keep mine in when I can't carry, and can't legally carry into the business. I have a HK 40 Compact so I need somewhere to secure my HK in my JK!
Dont have the "not allowed" at work. I work for a small company and at any given time there are at least 4 firearms at or in the office. We all hunt and have quite a few.

While storing I usually keep in glove box and also want to get the tuffy box.

Quick Reply: Gun Holster