Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Gun Holster

Old 09-12-2008, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YingYang
Well here everyone carries. They just passed a law where you can even shoot someone if they are trying to carjack you, break into your house or if you feel threatened. I dont want to have to use it but as my Dad always told me "Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it".
Haha, If somebody breaks into my home and tries to rape my gf, and i shoot him. I get arrested. He has to just about stab or shoot me for me to legally take any action.

I like a lot of things about the North East, but that type of stuff bothers me. If somebody breaks into my house, he/she instantly should lose many of his/her rights.

Anyway, i really like that holster.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
JK Freak

So what do you do when your doors are off? People can see that you have a gun . I have a CCL, so no one knows that I am carrying a gun, I keep it on me, under my shirt, and it's legal. Seems better to not advertise you have it when you are out. Still though, your "seat mount" is a clever idea.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

i am a lefty... i got a cheapo holster from walmart (airsoft) ... combined with velcro and have sturdy easy access to my sig on the driver side roll bar... i will try to post a picture later
Old 09-12-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

That's awesome! I already have that holster as well. Just a shame that I live in the Peoples Republic of California, and that would be SERIOUSLY frowned on. Heh, too bad my Va Conceled Carry Permit doesn't work out here.

Just remember kids, "guns kill people, just like spoons eat cerial"!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wrnglrguy
So what do you do when your doors are off? People can see that you have a gun . I have a CCL, so no one knows that I am carrying a gun, I keep it on me, under my shirt, and it's legal. Seems better to not advertise you have it when you are out. Still though, your "seat mount" is a clever idea.
I just put it in and havent given it much thought. I normally take it out put it in my wifes purse (if she is with me) or lock it up in the glove. Normally when the doors are off i stay away from large public parking areas as to curtel any temptation of someone to break in the glove or center console. Prob 90% of the time its in the holster and the JK is at my work (right outside my door) or in the garage at the house.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:01 PM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

I thought there was a nationwide "Fortress Law" or something that if someone breaks in your house, you can engage with prejudice
Old 09-12-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J2H
I thought there was a nationwide "Fortress Law" or something that if someone breaks in your house, you can engage with prejudice
Xs 2 on that..........
Old 09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by J2H
That would be Castle Doctrine and it is state by state. Unfortunately New York is not one of the states with it.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GreytSilly
That would be Castle Doctrine and it is state by state. Unfortunately New York is not one of the states with it.

yeah, i WISH they would instate that here!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

i did this exact mod about 4 months ago, but with a different holster. i do use a blackhawk serpa for my usp45, but i mostly carry a p2000sk when off duty, so i needed a holster that would work with both.... uncle mike to the rescue! found a cheap nylon belt loop holster that secured easily with black tie wraps.

just so you know, our dept. sent out a mass email about 6 months ago concerning a recall of blackhawk serpa holsters fitted for glock 40s&w. we haven't had any problems that i know about, but apparently an officer shot himself in the leg due to a faulty serpa holster. if you bought it recently it's probably ok, but an older one might fall under this recall.

Quick Reply: Gun Holster