Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Gun Holster

Old 09-12-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gun Holster

I have seen another thread that someone mounted a plastic holster left of the 4wd shifter and thought it was a great idea. Found a holster that i thought would work well for a similar applicaton.

While tinkering with the holster noticed that it would snap just nicely to my seat adjuster bar. The end of the holster hits the floor so as to keep it from swinging under the seat. A couple of zip ties and walah. I keep my seat all the way back so no chance of sliding any further back when I remove the gun from the holster. Plus it within easy reach..

I purchased the holster from Bass Pro for $29.95 its called BLACKHAWK! Sporster Serpa Holster

Just thought I would share for those of you that care....

Old 09-12-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GOOD IDEA
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Default sweet!!

That cool as hell man, i was going to do this same thing but on the side where there hazard button is. i think im going to copy this idea though.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blackhawk makes some REALLY nice stuff
Old 09-12-2008, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would love to do that, but around here, if i didn't get shot by the cop i'd go to jail for a little while.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Fireguy0306
I would love to do that, but around here, if i didn't get shot by the cop i'd go to jail for a little while.
Well here everyone carries. They just passed a law where you can even shoot someone if they are trying to carjack you, break into your house or if you feel threatened. I dont want to have to use it but as my Dad always told me "Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it".
Old 09-12-2008, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Blackhawk makes some REALLY nice stuff
Yes they do make some really nice stuff. The cool thing is they are about 20 mins away from me.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

So the paddle slides over the bar..Neat idea. I guess the bottom of the holster and the handgun grip against the seat keeps it secure. When you draw from it, is there much movement up and down of the holster?

Blackhawk is a good holster, some do not like the lock lever, but it seems to work fine for me. I have a blackhawk that I wear when I go OWB but I prefer to where mine in my inside the waistband holster.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by YingYang
Well here everyone carries. They just passed a law where you can even shoot someone if they are trying to carjack you, break into your house or if you feel threatened. I dont want to have to use it but as my Dad always told me "Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it".
Pretty much the same deal here. Can't imagine living in one of those places where YOU are the one getting blamed/charged/etc when some jackass pulls a piece on you.

Couldn't agree with your dad more, and nice job on the holster!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by db99wj
So the paddle slides over the bar..Neat idea. I guess the bottom of the holster and the handgun grip against the seat keeps it secure. When you draw from it, is there much movement up and down of the holster?

Blackhawk is a good holster, some do not like the lock lever, but it seems to work fine for me. I have a blackhawk that I wear when I go OWB but I prefer to where mine in my inside the waistband holster.
This holster doesnt move (with the zip ties) if you pull to hard the seat adjuster will move upward. The paddle on the holster grips the trigger frame and wont let it bounce about and if you grab for the gun your index finger will naturally find the paddle. This holster is model specific so it will fit whatever gun it was designed for like a glove. (Oops, disregard the paddle statement db99wj, see you already know. Maybe I should read further)

This actual holster is for a Glock 20/21 and S&W M&P .45 Right Hand. I have the Glock 30 .45 cal, a lilttle tight but works fine.

Last edited by YingYang; 09-12-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Gun Holster