Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Grill inserts added and kc lites

Old 06-22-2009, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

I asked this previously on another thread, however received no response (time lapse).
Do the lights vibrate more while illuminated, as they are mounted upside down, as compared to being mounted straight on the bumper. I remember my old light bars on previous Jeeps shook the illumination/beam of light all over the place. I really want this set up.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the grille looks really nice, nice job on the lights too.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orangutan
I asked this previously on another thread, however received no response (time lapse).
Do the lights vibrate more while illuminated, as they are mounted upside down, as compared to being mounted straight on the bumper. I remember my old light bars on previous Jeeps shook the illumination/beam of light all over the place. I really want this set up.
No I have'nt noticed any vibration, and I've been pretty particular with this install, however one time the nut loosened up a little but I think the rubber on the mounts settled in I retightened them and had no problems, I had to grind a little off of the rubber mounts to get them to set in place because of the bar, I don't think the bar was made to hold them upside down, but if you look at all three pics in Quadratec at the guards every pic shows the lights upside down. Maybe they used the SlimLites I used the Daylighters.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those grille inserts look great but for $289+ I think my $20 mesh fits the bill.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by maxjk
No I have'nt noticed any vibration, and I've been pretty particular with this install, however one time the nut loosened up a little but I think the rubber on the mounts settled in I retightened them and had no problems, I had to grind a little off of the rubber mounts to get them to set in place because of the bar, I don't think the bar was made to hold them upside down, but if you look at all three pics in Quadratec at the guards every pic shows the lights upside down. Maybe they used the SlimLites I used the Daylighters.
Thanks for the reply, the set up with the Sahara bumper, grille and silver light covers looks spot on.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great looking rig!

Quick Reply: Grill inserts added and kc lites